Minnesota United FC and San Antonio Scorpions Settle for 0-0 DrawApril 6, 2013 - North American Soccer League (NASL) - Minnesota United FC
San Antonio had the livelier start, as Bryan Jordan tested Daryl Sattler from early play before Walter Ramirez brought a diving save from the Minnesota goalkeeper from a free kick. Minnesota's trio of Etienne Barbara, Simone Bracalello and Miguel Ibarra began to combine well in the final 15 minutes of the half, as Bracalello and Ibarra both sent shots over the bar. Defender Connor Tobin also got in on the act from a corner kick, heading a shot low for San Antonio keeper Pat Hannigan to deal with.
The second half saw great opportunities for each side, but no one could break the deadlock. Edin Husic hit the crossbar with a header midway through the second half, and Bracalello did likewise for a few minutes later. The goalkeepers each earned their paychecks for the night, with Hannigan denying Aaron Pitchkolan and Kevin Venegas from close range and Sattler at his best to save shots from Ramirez and substitute Nikola Vaslic.
Minnesota United FC is off next Saturday before taking the field at the Metrodome again at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 20, against FC Edmonton.
North American Soccer League Stories from April 6, 2013
- FC Edmonton End Week 1 in First Place - FC Edmonton
- Minnesota United FC and San Antonio Scorpions Tie 0-0 in Season Opener - Minnesota United FC
- RailHawks Earn Draw in NASL Season Opener/ Los RailHawks Logran Un - Carolina RailHawks
- Scorpions Earn Draw in Minnesota - San Antonio Scorpions
- Strikers Draw against FC Edmonton at Lockhart Stadium Saturday - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Rowdies Draw Home Opener against RailHawks - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Minnesota United FC and San Antonio Scorpions Settle for 0-0 Draw - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.