Anaheim Acquires Center Matthew Lombardi in Exchange for Left Wing Brandon McMillanApril 3, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Norfolk Admirals Press Release
Lombardi, 31 (2/18/82), has collected 101-161262 points with 289 penalty minutes (PIM) and a +8 rating in 529 career contests with Calgary, Phoenix, Nashville and Toronto. He appeared in 21 games for the Coyotes this season, scoring 4-48 points with four PIM. A native of Montreal, Quebec, Lombardi scored his 100th career goal on Mar. 28 at Nashville. He was re-acquired by Phoenix from Toronto (in exchange for a 2014 fourth-round draft pick) on Jan. 16. The 5-11, 195-pound centerman had a career year with the Coyotes in 2009-10, notching 19-3453 points with 36 PIM and a +8 rating. Lombardi scored a single-game career-best 2-35 points on Feb. 8, 2010 in a 6-1 victory over Edmonton.
Selected by Calgary in the third round (90th overall) of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, Lombardi made his NHL debut with the Flames on Oct. 9, 2003 vs. Vancouver (4-1 loss). He has advanced to the Stanley Cup Playoffs on five occasions, most recently with the Coyotes in the club's Western Conference Quarterfinal series vs. Detroit in 2010. His 1-56 points in the seven-game series led the club. In addition, Lombardi advanced to the Stanley Cup Final with the Calgary Flames in 2004, earning 1-56 points in 13 postseason contests.
McMillan, 23 (3/22/90), appeared in six games with Anaheim this season, collecting one assist (0-11) with two PIM. The 5-11, 190-pound winger made his NHL season debut on Mar. 4 at Phoenix and picked up his first point of the season in a 2-1 victory over the Minnesota Wild on Mar. 13 at Xcel Energy Center. McMillan began the season with Norfolk of the American Hockey League (AHL), earning 8-513 points with 42 PIM in 41 contests.
Selected by Anaheim in the third round (85th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, McMillan has collected 11-1526 points with 40 PIM in 91 career NHL contests. He made his NHL debut on Nov. 21, 2010 vs. Edmonton and scored his first career goal in his third NHL game on Nov. 27, 2010, a 6-4 Anaheim win at Phoenix. In 112 career AHL games between Norfolk and Syracuse, McMillan has posted 24 goals and 51 points with 88 PIM.
The Admirals will conclude the home portion of their regular season schedule with contests against the Binghamton Senators on Friday and Saturday nights at Norfolk Scope Arena. The puck drops on Friday night at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday night at 7:15 p.m.
The Admirals have two ticket specials coming up this weekend. Friday's game is Operation Smile Night and Saturday's game is March of Dimes-Renaissance Pediatrics Night. Through both promotions, discounted fundraising tickets are available exclusively through norfolkadmirals.com/groups for a limited time only. Red Level tickets are available for just $11 when they are normally available for $19 at the gate. Hurry - these tickets are only available through 11:59 p.m. tonight (for Operation Smile Night) and through 11:59 p.m. tomorrow night (for March of Dimes-Renaissance Pediatrics Night).
The Admirals will conclude the home portion of the regular season on Saturday night by thanking the most important members of the team - the fans - with Fan Appreciation Night. Come out for an exciting night of hockey and you may leave with exciting prizes!
Also on Saturday, the Admirals will hold their final post-game skate of the season where fans can skate at Scope with their favorite Admirals following the game. A limited number of skates will be available or fans may bring their own skates.
Don't miss a minute of Admirals action by purchasing your season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime.
American Hockey League Stories from April 3, 2013
- Phantoms Weekly - Thank You, Fans - Adirondack Phantoms
- Coyotes Recall Brown & Conner from Portland - Portland Pirates
- Wild Recalls Kuemper, Adds Goalie Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers - Houston Aeros
- Whale Sign Defenseman Conor Allen to ATO - Connecticut Whale
- Lightning Assign Angelidis, Palat, Sustr and Desjardins to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Wild Trades for Pominville, Hackett and Larsson Sent to Buffalo - Houston Aeros
- Kassian and Sweatt Swap Spots - Chicago Wolves
- Rangers Assign Forwards Chris Kreider and Jesper Fast to Connecticut - Connecticut Whale
- Rangers Acquire Derick Brassard, Derek Dorsett, John Moore, and Sixth Round Draft Pick in 2014 - Connecticut Whale
- Froese Reassigned to Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Recall Roman Horak from Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Anaheim Acquires Center Matthew Lombardi in Exchange for Left Wing Brandon McMillan - Norfolk Admirals
- Nashville Trades Latta to Washington - Milwaukee Admirals
- Coyotes Acquire Brendan McMillan from Anaheim Ducks - Portland Pirates
- Post Game Skate with the Pirates Cancelled - Portland Pirates
- Dallas Recalls Forwards Matt Fraser & Alex Chiasson from Texas - Texas Stars
- Florida Panthers Return Forward Greg Rallo to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Sabres Acquire Larsson, Hackett, Draft Picks from Wild - Rochester Americans
- Brandon Alderson Signs ATO - Adirondack Phantoms
- Worcester Sharks Host 2nd Annual "Pucks and Paws" Game on Sunday - Worcester Sharks
- Blue Jackets Acquire Forward Blake Comeau from Calgary for Fifth Round Pick at 2013 NHL Entry Draft - Springfield Falcons
- Columbus Blue Jackets Acquire Goaltender Michael Leighton, Third Round Pick in 2015 NHL Draft for Go - Springfield Falcons
- Columbus Blue Jackets Acquire RW Marian Gaborik from New York Rangers - Springfield Falcons
- Boston Bruins Make Trade Deadline Transactions - Providence Bruins
- Florida Panthers Ink Pair to Entry-Level Contracts - San Antonio Rampage
- Jets Recall Aaron Gagnon from IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Jets Reassign Patrice Cormier to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Lightning Acquire Goaltender Ben Bishop From Ottawa - Syracuse Crunch
- Admrials Sign Budish to ATO, Mueller Assigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Lashoff Returns to Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Senators Acquire Cory Conacher and Fourth-Round Draft Pick in 2013 for Ben Bishop - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Assigns Jordie Benn & Colton Sceviour to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Weekend Preview vs Grand Rapids - Abbotsford Heat
- Boston Acquires Rob Flick from Chicago - Providence Bruins
- Canadiens Sign Danny Kristo to Two-Year Contract - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Griffins Prepare for Final Homestand of Regular Season - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Finish Season Series with Toronto with Overtime Win - Lake Erie Monsters
- Bears Return Two Players to Reading - Hershey Bears
- Dallas Returns Chiasson, Fraser & Sceviour to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Marlies Fall 3-2 in Overtime - Toronto Marlies
- Ullstrom Loaned to Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Flick Sent to Boston for Maxime Sauve - Rockford IceHogs
- Dmirtri Jaskin Signs with Blues; Assigned to Peoria - Peoria Rivermen
- One-Year Season Ticket Holders Can Renew Now - St. John's IceCaps
- Ryan Sproul Joins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Pedan Agrees to Terms on Entry-Level Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bollig Recalled from Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Pirates Sign James Melindy to Amateur Tryout Contract - Portland Pirates
- Hirschfeld Returns to South Carolina - Providence Bruins
- Falcons Players To Sign Autographs At Sarat Ford - Springfield Falcons
- David Broll and Stuart Percy Reassigned to Marlies - Toronto Marlies
- Fans Choice Award Makes Its Return - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.