Real Salt Lake UpdateApril 3, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Real Salt Lake
Real Salt Lake will play on the road for the fourth time this season this weekend, taking on Rocky Mountain Cup Presented by Mark Miller Subaru rivals the Colorado Rapids on Saturday at Dick's Sporting Goods Park.
Saturday's match will kickoff at 5:30 p.m. MT and will be broadcast nationally on NBC Sports Network and locally on the radio on ESPN700 AM and 102.3 La Gran D FM/1600 AM. RSL drew its first match against Colorado this season, getting a late equalizer from FW Alvaro Saborio to tie the Rapids 1-1 in the 2013 home opener at Rio Tinto Stadium on March 16. The Claret-and-Cobalt has won six straight Rocky Mountain Cups and would put itself in control for the 2013 crown with a win on Saturday.
JUNE 18 US-HONDURAS WORLD CUP QUALIFIER AT RIO TINTO STADIUM SOLD-OUT
The June 18 World Cup qualifying match between the U.S. Men's National Team and Honduras officially sold-out on Wednesday. The match will kickoff at 7 p.m. MT and will be broadcast live on ESPN and UniMas.
TICKETS FOR CONCACAF GOLD CUP DOUBLEHEADER AT RIO TINTO STADIUM ON SALE
Rio Tinto Stadium will host a CONCACAF Gold Cup doubleheader on July 13, with the U.S. taking on Cuba and Costa Rica facing Belize in Group Stage action. Tickets to the twin-bill are on sale now at the Rio Tinto Stadium box office, online at www.RioTintoStadium.com/events/gold-cup.php or over the phone at 801-727-2700.
Rio Tinto Stadium is the only venue in the country that will host the U.S. Men's National Team twice this summer, with the Stars-and-Stripes playing a World Cup Qualifier against Honduras at the Sandy venue on June 18 before the Gold Cup doubleheader in July.
RSL BEATS BYU 1-0 IN EXHIBITION MATCH IN FRONT OF 6,335 AT RIO TINTO STADIUM
A reserve-laden Real Salt Lake squad beat BYU 1-0 in an exhibition match on Monday night in front of a stellar crowd of 6,335 at Rio Tinto Stadium. Rookie MF John Stertzer scored for the Claret-and-Cobalt, heading in from close range in first half stoppage time to put RSL ahead.
RSL DF Chris Wingert returned from a fractured right metatarsal to play in the match, coming on for DF Rich Balchan in the 60th minute to make his first game appearance of 2013. Wingert wasn't initially expected to play in the game, but felt so good after participating in his first two full training sessions of the year on Friday and Saturday that he was able to give it a go on Monday night.
RESERVE LEAGUE MATCH AGAINST COLORADO MOVED TO SATURDAY
Real Salt Lake's Reserve League match against the Colorado Rapids initially scheduled for this Sunday has been moved to Saturday night. The Reserve League game will kick immediately following the first-team game and will be played at Dick's Sporting Goods Park.
RSL is 2-0-0 on the Reserve League season, beating San Jose 1-0 on the road on March 4 and downing Colorado 2-1 at Rio Tinto Stadium on March 16.
RIMANDO UP FOR TWO GOVERNOR'S STATE OF SPORT AWARDS
RSL GK Nick Rimando is up for two Governor's State of Sport Awards. Rimando is nominated in the Pro Male Athlete category and in the 2013 Highlight category. The winners of the second-annual Governor's State of Sport Awards will be determined by an online vote and will be announced at the Governor's State of Sport Awards Luncheon at the Zions Bank Basketball Center on April 16. Fan voting will run until April 9.
REAL SALT LAKE INJURY REPORT
Following is the Real Salt Lake injury report for Saturday's MLS game at Colorado:
OUT: FW Robbie Findley (L adductor strain), MF Cole Grossman (concussion)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Javier Morales (R knee menisectomy), FW Joao Plata (R hamstring strain), FW Alvaro Saborio (R knee swelling), DF Carlos Salcedo (concussion), MF Khari Stephenson (L knee sprain), MF David Viana (R quad strain), DF Chris Wingert (R metatarsal fracture)
Major League Soccer Stories from April 3, 2013
- Chicago Fire to Host Third Annual Art of Futbol Event - Chicago Fire
- Rapids Midfielder Kevin Harbottle to Miss 4-6 Weeks with Knee Injury - Colorado Rapids
- Mike Magee Named MLS Player of the Month - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Aaron Horton Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Columbus Crew
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- D.C. United Loans Goalkeeper Andrew Dykstra to the Richmond Kickers - D.C. United
- Sounders FC Children's Book Now Available on eBook - Seattle Sounders FC
- Rio Tinto Stadium Sells out June 18 USMNT World Cup Qualifier - Real Salt Lake
- Robbie Keane Fit and Ready for CCL Clash against Monterrey - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sporting KC Manager Peter Vermes Voted into National Soccer Hall of Fame - Sporting Kansas City
- Wahl Holding Down Left Back Spot - Columbus Crew
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Mike Magee Voted MLS Player of the Month - MLS
- Thorns FC Single-Game Tickets Go on Sale Thursday - Portland Timbers
- Shuttleworth Steps into the Breach - New England Revolution
- Fagundez Finally Earns a Starting Berth - New England Revolution
- Individual Tickets for All Dynamo Home Games Through July 6 Now on Sale - Houston Dynamo
- Seattle Sounders FC Tipped by Santos Laguna 1-0 - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.