D.C. United Academy UpdateApril 2, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) D.C. United
After Washington, D.C. was announced as a host market for Sueno MLS on March 24, registration for the premier, nationally televised search for undiscovered talent has filled up fast. As of Friday, March 29, most of the 1,200 confirmed player slots have been filled for the three local tryout locations - Washington, D.C., Los Angeles and Denver areas - with waiting lists starting to open up. For trials in D.C., 308 applicants have already registered, as of March 29, with tryouts taking place from April 13-14. Hopefuls can register HERE . Now in its seventh year, Sueño MLS 2013 - Presented by Allstate - will be chronicled in a unique "reality show within a show" format by Univision Network's popular weekly sports entertainment program Rep"blica Deportiva (Sports Republic).
D.C. United's U-23 Academy team - who recently formed a partnership with National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) side Federal City FC to compete in the NPSL - has announced that it will hold tryouts on April 19, April 26 and May 3 from 3-4 p.m. at the RFK Auxiliary Turf Field. Coached by D.C. United legend Jaime Moreno, the U-23s are in search of additional talent for the summer season in the NPSL and beyond. Those interested should contact Tom Torres (email@example.com) for further information.
Added for this fall, D.C. United will begin to field a U-12 Pre-Academy team. The squad is open to players born in 2001 or younger with tryouts and training information to be announced in the coming weeks. This team joins the U-16, U-18 and U-23 Academy and U-13 and U-15 Pre-Academy sides. A U-14 Academy squad will also commence league play in the fall.
Major League Soccer Stories from April 2, 2013
- Get to know the enemy - Club dé Futbol Monterrey - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Weekly Update - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- LA Galaxy Ready to Face Two-Time Champions League Winners Monterrey - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Scouting Report: Philadelphia Union - Columbus Crew
- Chivas USA Falls 2-1 in Scrimmage - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Revs Working to Fix "Out of Sync" Attack - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy Face Stiff Test, But Believe They Have Solid Shot against Monterrey - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Defender Zarek Valentin Loaned to Norwegian Club FK Bodo/Glimt - Montreal Impact
- USA vs. Mexico, Club Edition - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Michael Seaton Called up to Jamaica U-17 Men's National Team Ahead of CONCACAF Championship - D.C. United
- Dynamo Forward Calen Carr Named MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Month - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.