Playoff Push Continues, Hogs Settle for Two PointsApril 1, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Rockford IceHogs
Wednesday, March 27: Toronto 1 vs. Rockford 4
Friday, March 29: Milwaukee 3 vs. Rockford 2
Saturday, March 30: Oklahoma City 7 vs. Rockford 3
Week 26 Schedule:
Tuesday, April 2 vs. Milwaukee, 7:05 p.m.
Friday, April 5 at Milwaukee, 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 6 at Peoria, 7:05 p.m.
Sunday, April 7 vs. Peoria, 5:05 p.m.
Week 25 Recap:
After a dominate victory over the North Division-leading Toronto Marlies in the first of three home games during Week 25, the Rockford IceHogs dropped the proceeding two tilts to a pair of Western Conference playoff contenders in the Milwaukee Admirals and Oklahoma City Barons. Rockford will look for some much-needed victories during Week 26 with four divisional games scheduled against the Admirals and Peoria Rivermen, and it's the second and final time this season that the Hogs will appear in four games during a week. The IceHogs enter Week 26 just three points out of the eighth and final playoff position.
- Before his recall to Chicago on Saturday, Jeremy Morin had 10g-4a-14pts in 10 March games with three game-winning goals
- Morin scored a goal in his 2012-13 Blackhawks debut on Sunday in Detroit
- Rookie defenseman Adam Clendening set a new IceHogs rookie record with 33 assists
- Since returning from an injury that nearly sidelined him for a year, winger Rostislav Olesz has marked a point in each of his first five games this season, totaling 2g-4a-6pts
- After getting healthy scratched in back-to-back games, Terry Broadhurst returned to Rockford's lineup on Friday and had an assist in two straight games with a +3 plus/minus rating
- Brandon Svendsen has goals in back-to-back games and three tallies over his past five outings
- Brad Mills registered his first multi-point game of the season on Wednesday against Toronto, totaling a goal and an assist, and then repeated the feat on Saturday against Oklahoma City
- Rockford allowed five second period goals to Oklahoma City on Saturday, tying a franchise record for most goals allowed in a period
-The IceHogs have never beaten the Barons on home ice, falling to 0-6-1-0 after Saturday's 7-3 loss
- Rockford is 4-3-0-0 at Oklahoma City
- The IceHogs lost back-to-back games over the weekend for the first time since Feb 9 and 13
-Rockford has outscored their opponents 8-2 in the third period over their past five games
- Week 26 features Rockford's final four-game week of the season and last three games in three nights stretch
Hot Hog: Week 25
Brad Mills Center
Center Brad Mills recorded his first two multi-point games of the season during Week 25. Mills opened the week with a goal and an assist in Rockford's 4-1 win over Toronto on Wednesday. After getting held off of the score sheet on Friday in a tough 3-2 loss to Milwaukee, Mills came back on Saturday and knocked in a goal and added an assist in a 7-3 loss to Oklahoma City. The pivot also turned in a plus/minus rating of +3 for the week. In 24 games with Rockford this season, Mills now shows 5g-7a-12pts with a +4.
Tuesday, April 2 vs. Milwaukee Admirals (Buy Tickets): Beginning at 7:05 p.m. the IceHogs and Admirals meet at the BMO"Harris Bank Center for a final time on the campaign and for the first of back-to-back meetings. The contest marks the 10th meeting between the Midwest Division rivals and second matchup in four days. It's also the final WXRX Dollar Day at the BMO, where fans can take advantage of $1 beer, soda, hot dogs and companion tickets.
Friday, April 5 at Milwaukee Admirals: Rematch begins at 7:05 p.m. between the IceHogs and Admirals as they square off at the BMO"Harris Bradley Center. It will be the first time the two squads play in Milwaukee since a 3-2 IceHogs overtime victory back on Jan. 12. It marks the third time in a week that the Hogs and Ads will meet.
Saturday, April 6 at Peoria Rivermen: Game time is 7:05 p.m. when the IceHogs travel to the Carver Arena for the first of back-to-back tilts against the Rivermen. It marks the 10th meeting overall on the campaign between the Hogs and Rivermen and the first meeting in Peoria between the two foes since Feb. 20.
Sunday, April 7 vs. Peoria Rivermen (Buy Tickets): Puck drop is set for 5:05 p.m. as the IceHogs don "Abrahammy Lincoln" jerseys when they host the Peoria Rivermen for the final time at the BMO"Harris Bank Center. It marks the second of three straight contest between the Rivs and Hogs with Rockford holding a 3-2-0-0 record against their divisional rival at home this season. The first 2,500 fans to the game will receive a commerative Abrahammy Lincoln coin, and after the game, the specialty jerseys will be auctioned off as a part of the 14th annual IceHogs jersey auction sponsored by Lou Bachrodt.
Bud Light Hog Talk Returns Tonight:
Bud Light Hog Talk returns tonight to District Bar and Grill from 6-7 p.m. District is located at 205 West State St., one block north of the BMO"Harris Bank Center. Fans can join Mike Peck from 6-7 p.m. most Mondays as they chat with IceHogs players, coaches and front office members. This week's guests include forward Ben Smith and defenseman Shawn Lalonde and head coach Ted Dent. Take advantage of food and Bud Light specials at District. The show will be re-aired on Tuesdays from 7-8 p.m. on 23.2 Antenna TV.
The IceHogs Broadcasting Network:
Catch every IceHogs game, home and road, in 2012-13 on 23.2 Antenna TV. The games can also be viewed on Comcast cable channel-436, Charter cable channel-970 or Mediacom-101 in the Rockford market and online through AHLlive.com. Every game will be streamed through IceHogs.com as well and inside the BMO"Harris Bank"Center on 104.3 FM. For a complete listing of TV stations carrying IceHogs games, visit IceHogs.com. Every broadcast will start with the U.S. Cellular Pregame before Mike Peck calls the action.
Tickets On Sale for 2012-2013!
IceHogs individual game tickets are on sale! Call (815) 968-5222 to reserve your seats for any IceHogs regular season game during the 2012-13 season. Tickets can also be purchased in person at the BMO"Harris Bank Center Box Office in downtown Rockford, any Ticketmaster outlet or on the web at www.IceHogs.com. Tickets start at just $7.
Illinois Lottery Cup Standings
lllinois Lottery Cup Series Standings
Teams Record Points
Peoria 10-7-2-0 22
Chicago 10-9-1-0 21
Rockford 10-9-0-1 21
Rockford vs. Chicago 5-5-0-1
Rockford vs. Peoria 5-4-0-0
Upcoming Illinois Lottery Cup Games:
April 6: Rockford at Peoria, 7:05 p.m.
April 7:"Peoria vs. Rockford, 5:05 p.m.
April 10: Rockford at Peoria, 7:05 p.m.
SMITH AND LALONDE AT HOG TALK TONIGHT
Rockford, Ill.- Bud Light Hog Talk returns to District Bar and Grill from 6-7 p.m. tonight
Tonight's show will feature IceHogs forward Ben Smith and defenseman Shawn Lalonde, along with head coach Ted Dent. The show will be hosted by IceHogs broadcaster, Mike Peck.
District is located at 205 West State St., one block north of the BMO"Harris Bank Center. Fans can take advantage of food and drink specials during Bud Light Hog Talk and can also sign up to win some prizes courtesy of the IceHogs.
The show will be re-aired on Tuesday from 7-8 p.m. on 23.2 Antenna TV.
For a complete list of Bud Light Hog Talk dates, visit icehogs.com .
American Hockey League Stories from April 1, 2013
- Kings Acquire Defenseman Robyn Regehr - Manchester Monarchs
- Ducks Acquire Harry Zolnierczyk from Philadelphia and Assign Him to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Mark Cundari Included in Bouwmeester Trade - Peoria Rivermen
- Sabres Recall Forward Luke Adam from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Sharks Seven Points out with 11 Games Left - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Hamilton Bulldogs Announce Partnership with Front Row Marketing - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Dallas Assigns Brett Ritchie & Toby Petersen to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Amerks Recall Knapp from Greenville - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Wrap up Road Trip with Houston and Abbotsford - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stalock Back to Worcester, Thomas Greiss to San Jose - Worcester Sharks
- Blackhawks Reassign Bollig to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Lightning Recall Mike Angelidis; Reassign Dana Tyrell To Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - AHL
- Blackhawks Assign Pair of First Round Picks to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch Sign Tanner Richard and Luke Witkowski to ATO Contracts - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Stewart Released from PTO - Houston Aeros
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Anton Lander Named CCM / AHL Player of the Week - Oklahoma City Barons
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Lightning Sign Forward Tanner Richard - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Host Devils With Playoff Spot On The Line Tuesday - Springfield Falcons
- Vancouver Agrees to Buy Peoria Franchise from St. Louis - Peoria Rivermen
- Muzzin Named NHL Rookie of the Month for March - Manchester Monarchs
- Oklahoma City's Anton Lander Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Playoff Push Continues, Hogs Settle for Two Points - Rockford IceHogs
- Stars Send Labrie & Robinson Back to Idaho - Texas Stars
- Harper and Kessel Assigned to ADK - Adirondack Phantoms
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Rampage Return Four Players to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Mike Pelech Released from PTO - Peoria Rivermen
- Strome Reassigned to Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bulldogs Sign Olivier Archambault to A.T.O. - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Forward Louie Caporusso Reassigned to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Left Wing Francis Wathier Recalled to Dallas - Texas Stars
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- Holding On In Home Stretch - Hershey Bears
- Drazenovic Assigned To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Garret Sparks Signed to ATO - Toronto Marlies
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield Vs. Connecticut, Game #66 - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.