Sporting KC Hosts First Place Montreal on SaturdayMarch 29, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Sporting Kansas City
The match will be broadcast live on KSMO, starting at 7 p.m. CT, and will also be aired on Sporting KC Television Network affiliates across the region. The match, sponsored by Sprint, can be heard live on La Gran D 1340 AM.
Sporting Kansas City went 1-1-1 against the Impact in their 2012 expansion season, most recently battling to a scoreless draw at Stade Saputo last September. Saturday marks the first of three meetings between the two clubs in 2013 and first of two match-ups at Sporting Park.
Sporting KC takes the field with a 249-minute shutout streak, the longest in MLS this season, and an eight-game home unbeaten streak (including playoffs) dating back to the 2012 season. Conversely, Montreal enters Saturday's contest with a perfect 4-0-0 record under first-year head coach Marco Schallibaum.
Sporting Kansas City is 1-1-2 in 2013 with three of the club's first four matches played on the road. Saturday marks the first match in a two-game homestand for Sporting Kansas City.
Graham Zusi and Matt Besler will be available for Saturday's match after returning from the U.S. Men's National Team. Together they helped the U.S. secure four points during World Cup Qualifying matches in a 1-0 victory over Costa Rica followed by a 0-0 draw at Mexico.
Zusi, who led MLS in assists with 15 in 2012, has two assists in 2013, one back of Montreal midfielder Patrice Bernier for the League lead. Bernier has notched the game-winning assist in each of the Impact's last three matches.
Davy Arnaud returns to Kansas City with one goal and one assist in his first four matches of the season for Montreal. Arnaud, in the midst of his second season with the Impact after 10 seasons playing for Kansas City, returns for the first time since May 2012.
Parking lots at Sporting Park open three hours prior to kick off on Saturday. All fans are encouraged to arrive early and the first 10,000 fans inside Sporting Park will receive a 2013 schedule magnet and magnetic car decal, courtesy of Sprint. Parking maps and directions are located on SportingKC.com/parking.
The Boulevard Members Club, opening at 5:30 p.m. CT to all Members Stand ticket holders, will feature $3 Boulevard Pilsners until kickoff. The Boulevard Members Club will open to all fans postgame and will host The Final Whistle: Sporting KC Postgame show will live on Sports Radio 810 WHB.
Sporting Kansas City will also announce a social media giveaway on Saturday offering tickets to Music Fest on April 4-6 as part of Middle of the Map Fest. The winner will be announced in the Boulevard Members Club post-match and must be present to claim their prize.
Sporting Kansas City supporters can also follow the match online via @SKCGameday, SportingKC.com/GameOn and the MLSSoccer.com MatchCenter or on mobile devices with the MLS MatchDay app .
Major League Soccer Stories from March 29, 2013
- Galaxy Seek to Break Nelsen's Gritty Toronto FC - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sporting KC Hosts First Place Montreal on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Red Bulls Waive Forward Josue Martinez - New York Red Bulls
- Dynamo Look to Equal MLS Home Unbeaten Streak Record Tomorrow Night against San Jose Earthquakes - Houston Dynamo
- Dynamo Partner with Texas Children's Health Plan for Family Section at BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- FC Dallas Comes to Town for Inter-Conference Clash - New England Revolution
- Toronto FC Waive Midfielder César - Toronto FC
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL V. Seattle Sounders FC - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy's Landon Donovan Could Return to Team During CCL - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chicago Fire Drop 1-0 Decision to Minnesota United FC in Friendly - Chicago Fire
- Nearly All Player Slots Filled for SueÃ±o MLS 2013 - MLS
- Preview: Impact Takes on Sporting KC at Sporting Park this Saturday - Montreal Impact
- March Results Set Table for Success in 2013 - Columbus Crew SC
- McCullers Sets Sights on Bigger Things in 2013 - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.