Quad City's Mickey Lang Wins Oakley Three Stars Player of the YearMarch 28, 2013 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Press Release
Players were awarded five points for being a game's first star, three points for being named the second star and a single point for being named the third star of the game.
Lang edged out CHL Most Valuable Player and Joe Burton Scoring Champion Sebastien Thinel (Missouri) by just six points as Lang finished with 63 points and Thinel finished with 57 points. Lang finished second in the league's MVP race and was fourth in the league in scoring.
The Flock's scoring star was named the first star of the game seven times, the second star eight times and the third star four times. The Hillsdale, New Jersey native finished the regular season with 83 points including 41 goals (second in the league). Also helping his star output was the fact that he led the league with 11 game winning goals.
Central Hockey League Stories from March 28, 2013
- Americans Drop Game 1 to Denver - Allen Americans
- Cutthroats Take Game One in Allen, 2-1 - Denver Cutthroats
- Robinson Gives Thunder Game 1 with Overtime Winner - Wichita Thunder
- Fort Worth Drops Mallards 4-1 in Game One - Quad City Mallards
- Sundogs Battle Thunder in Tight, 4-3 Overtime Loss - Arizona Sundogs
- Allen Finishes Season on Top of Sher-Wood Coaches Poll - CHL
- Quad City's Mickey Lang Wins Oakley Three Stars Player of the Year - CHL
- Mallards' Lang Named Oakley CHL Three Stars Player of the Year - Quad City Mallards
- Brahmas Add Two Amateur Forwards - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks' F Kenton Miller Named CHL Rookie of the Month - Missouri Mavericks
- Missouri's Kenton Miller Named 50/50 Central/CHL Rookie of the Month - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.