Eskimos Mourn the Passing of Ron Lancaster Jr.March 27, 2013 - Canadian Football League (CFL) - Edmonton Eskimos
The son of Canadian Football Hall of Famer Ron Lancaster, he served as the Eskimo offensive coordinator from 1996-97, when the Eskimos advanced to the 1996 Grey Cup and finished first in the CFL West (1997). He returned in 2005 as an offensive assistant and quarterbacks coach and in 2006 as an offensive assistant and receivers coach. During his CFL coaching career, he made five Grey Cup appearances, winning three.
Lancaster also had deep ties to Canadian university football, serving as head coach at Manitoba (1996-95) and as an assistant at McMaster, University of Toronto and Acadia, respectively, from 1985-90. He began his coaching career as the offensive coordinator at Central Colligate in Regina.
The Eskimos extend the deepest condolences to his family and friends.
Canadian Football League Stories from March 27, 2013
- Tiger-Cats Mourn Passing of Former Coach Ron (R.D.) Lancaster Jr. - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- 2013 Argos Cheerleaders Finals Set for Saturday - Toronto Argonauts
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers to Host Annual Fan Forum at Canad Inns Polo Park - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Alouettes sign former Super Bowl champ Dominic Rhodes - Montreal Alouettes
- Blue Bombers Mourn the Passing of Former Coach Ron Lancaster Jr. - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Eskimos Mourn the Passing of Ron Lancaster Jr. - Edmonton Eskimos
- 101st Grey Cup Festival Unveils "Team Party Pass" - Saskatchewan Roughriders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.