Four Fish Retire, Coles Placed on WaiversMarch 25, 2013 - American Association (AA) Winnipeg Goldeyes
"It's a sad day in Goldeyesland," Forney said. "We have some guys leaving the organization and moving on with their lives. Baseball is not part of their plans anymore in terms of a playing career. We're certainly thankful that they chose the Goldeyes organization as a place to play and are appreciative of their efforts over the years. They were a big part of our championship team in 2012. We wish them the best of luck and hopefully our paths will cross again in the future."
Walker, 29, leaves Winnipeg as the most decorated pitcher in Goldeyes history. After five years with the team, he holds the team's career records for games started (105), wins (47), complete games (13), strikeouts (380) and innings pitched (692.2).
Beuning, 32, re-joined the Goldeyes in 2012 after playing with the team in 2007 and 2008. After taking a leave of absence from his profession as a Minnesota state trooper, Beuning became the team's closer and earned four saves and a win in Winnipeg's six playoff games.
Baldwin, 29, also played five years with the Goldeyes and is second on the team's all-time list for games played by a pitcher with 157.
Salamida, 28, signed with the Goldeyes earlier this offseason, but has elected to retire and become a firefighter in his home state of New York. He made 62 starts for the Goldeyes during the past three seasons, which puts him second on the all-time list behind Walker and is fourth in all-time wins with 26.
The Goldeyes have also placed veteran outfielder Mike Coles on irrevocable waivers for the purpose of granting his release. If he clears waivers, he will become a free agent.
Season tickets and nine-game mini packs for the 2013 season are available by calling the Goldeyes office at 204-982-2273.
American Association Stories from March 25, 2013
- Laredo Lemurs Release 2013 Promotional Schedule - Laredo Lemurs
- RedHawks Announce 2013 Promotions Schedule - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saltdogs Re-Sign Record-Setting Zocchi - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wingnuts to Play Exhibition in Joplin - Wichita Wingnuts
- Four Fish Retire, Coles Placed on Waivers - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- T-Bones to Visit Joplin in May - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Rookie of the Year, Robert Coe, Re-Signs with Saints - St. Paul Saints
- Notre Dame Hosts Kent State at U. S. Steel Yard Tuesday - Gary SouthShore Railcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.