T-Bones to Visit Joplin in MayMarch 25, 2013 - American Association (AA) Kansas City T-Bones
Sponsored by Joplin Parks and Recreation and Joplin Sports Authority, the game, with a scheduled 2 p.m. first pitch, will be played at century-old Joe Becker Stadium. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for children, ages 3 to 12. Mothers will get in for free with a paid admission, in honor of Mother's Day.
"We're looking forward to taking our team to Joplin," said Chris Browne, the T-Bones Vice-President/General Manager. "It will be a great community event and a monumental day in baseball for their fine city."
Some of baseball's greatest players, including Mickey Mantle and Stan Musial, have played at Joe Becker Stadium, which was built in 1913.
"Joe Becker Stadium is a great venue for baseball and we're eager to have this event in this historic ballpark," said Mark Rohr, Joplin's City Manager. "Professional baseball was a part of Joplin's history, and it can be part of our future, too. We encourage fans of America's greatest pastime to come out for the day."
The game will be the first of five between rivals Kansas City and Wichita in an eight-day stretch. The teams will open the regular season on May 16 with a two-game series in Wichita, and then they'll open the T-Bones' home regular season on Saturday, May 18, at CommunityAmerica Ballpark. Season ticket packages and mini-plans are available now by calling 913-328-5618.
American Association Stories from March 25, 2013
- Laredo Lemurs Release 2013 Promotional Schedule - Laredo Lemurs
- RedHawks Announce 2013 Promotions Schedule - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saltdogs Re-Sign Record-Setting Zocchi - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wingnuts to Play Exhibition in Joplin - Wichita Wingnuts
- Four Fish Retire, Coles Placed on Waivers - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- T-Bones to Visit Joplin in May - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Rookie of the Year, Robert Coe, Re-Signs with Saints - St. Paul Saints
- Notre Dame Hosts Kent State at U. S. Steel Yard Tuesday - Gary SouthShore Railcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.