Dynamo Look to Extend Home Unbeaten Streak Tomorrow against Vancouver Whitecaps FCMarch 22, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Houston Dynamo Press Release
Vancouver's first-ever visit to BBVA Compass Stadium will be broadcast live on Comcast SportsNet Houston and can be heard on Yahoo Sports Radio 1560 AM and La Ranchera 850 AM (Spanish).
The Dynamo carry a 32-game home unbeaten streak in all competitions (26 regular season games) into tomorrow's game. It is the second-longest streak in league history, trailing Real Salt Lake's record 34-game home undefeated streak. Houston has not last a home game since June 18, 2011.
Saturday's game is the lone regular season meeting between Houston and Vancouver in 2013. The 'Caps defeated the Dynamo in last season's only meeting, a 3-1 Vancouver win at BC Place as Darren Mattocks scored a pair of goals.
Both clubs will be missing players due to 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers set for today and Tuesday. The Dynamo will be without three players due to international duty: midfielders Brad Davis (U.S.) and Boniek Garcia (Honduras) and defender Jermaine Taylor (Jamaica). All three players will return to the Dynamo ahead of next Saturday's home game against the San Jose Earthquakes. Vancouver will be without forward Kenny Miller, who is with Scotland for its World Cup qualifiers.
Vancouver is 2-0-0 this season after home wins over Toronto FC and the Columbus Crew. The 'Caps reached the 2012 MLS Cup Playoffs in its second season in MLS, falling to the LA Galaxy in the Western Conference Knockout Round.
The 'Caps have an experienced roster, with goalkeeper Joe Cannon (334 MLS games), defender Young-Pyo Lee (127 appearances for South Korea), and newly acquired midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker (over 200 English Premier League appearances with West Ham, Aston Villa and Bolton).
Halliburton Charitable Foundation will present Dynamo Charities with an $110,000 donation on Saturday night. The donation was generated through the 19th Annual Halliburton Charity Golf Tournament and a social media initiative with the Dynamo's Facebook page.
Major League Soccer Stories from March 22, 2013
- Dynamo Look to Extend Home Unbeaten Streak Tomorrow against Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Houston Dynamo
- Without Gonzalez and Keane, LA Galaxy Ready for Challenge from Banged-Up Colorado - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Game Notes: Chivas USA at Chicago Fire - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sporting KC Returns to Road at New England on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- D.C. United's 11th Annual Kick-Off Luncheon Raises Close to $30k - D.C. United
- Impact Plays the New York Red Bulls Saturday at 4:30pm at Olympic Stadium - Montreal Impact
- Injured Revs Working Towards Return - New England Revolution
- Home Slate Begins Saturday against Sporting KC - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Hosts Real Salt Lake Saturday at FC Dallas Stadium - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Signs Fairclough and Lund - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL at FC Dallas - Real Salt Lake
- Red Bulls Sign Two-Time MLS Cup Winning Goalkeeper Kevin Hartman - New York Red Bulls
- BBVA Compass Stadium to Participate in Earth Hour this Saturday as Part of the AEG1EARTH Initiative - Houston Dynamo
- Houston Dynamo Midfielder Brian Ownby Loaned to Richmond Kickers - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.