Rivermen Take Sixth Straight from GriffinsMarch 19, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Peoria Rivermen
T.J. Hensick paced the Rivermen offense with three assists while Adam Cracknell, in his first game back from the NHL, scored his 14th an 15th goal of the season.
The Rivermen fell behind early before rattling off the game's final four goals. Tomas Tatar opened the scoring at 11:41 in the first period with a power-play goal. His 22nd of the year was assisted by Brett Skinner and Nathan Paetsch.
Mike Pelech scored his first career AHL goal at 3:27 of the second period when he lifted the puck over Petr Mrazek's shoulder and into the net for a power-play goal of his own. Andrew Murray and Sergey Andronov both assisted in the game-tying goal.
The Rivermen took the lead for good with two goals in 61 seconds on a pair of goals assisted by Hensick and Jeff Woywitka. At 9:56, Hensick threw a spinning, behind-the-back pass to the slot where Nesbitt one-timed home his team-leading 22nd of the season. At 10:57, Cracknell walked in alone and backhanded one into an open to give the Rivermen a 3-1 lead.
Cracknell scored again at 6:47 in the third period, after waltzing in from the left circle on the power play. Hensick and Chorney helped setup Cracknell as he ripped it past the glove of Mrazek.
Mike McKenna turned in another strong performance with 25 saves as the Rivermen outshot the Griffins 34-26. The Rivermen finished 2-for-6 on the power play while the Griffins went 1-for-3.
The Rivermen are back on the road for a game Friday against the Milwaukee Admirals Friday at 7:00 p.m. All games can be heard on CD Country 107.9 FM or online through www.rivermen.net.
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2013
- Rampage Fall at Texas, 4-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Rivermen Take Sixth Straight from Griffins - Peoria Rivermen
- Toronto Drops Lake Erie 4-2 - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Rally for 3-2 Shootout Win over Barons - Rochester Americans
- McGinn's 4-Points Paces Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins Fall to Peoria for the Sixth Straight Time - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Top Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Rollheiser Released; Howse Reassigned to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Flames Reassign Goaltender Danny Taylor to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Falcons Sign Aleardi to ATO - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Release Defenseman Kyle Bushee from PTO - Binghamton Senators
- Three Hogs Suspended - Rockford IceHogs
- Panthers Recall Quinton Howden - San Antonio Rampage
- First Ever Crunch Goalie Mike Fountain to Help Crunch Celebrate 1,500th Game - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Canadiens Reassign Olivier Fortier to Orlando - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Sharks Split with Penguins; Remain in Playoff Hunt - Worcester Sharks Weekly - Worcester Sharks
- Rampage Loan Forward Justin Vaive to Cincinnati - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Sign Forward Colin Jacobs to ATO - Rochester Americans
- Mathers Joins Phantoms Via ATO - Adirondack Phantoms
- Brett Ponich Reassigned to Alaska - Peoria Rivermen
- St. John's IceCaps, Statoil Celebrate Youth Volunteers - St. John's IceCaps
- Sound Tigers Announce Player Transactions - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Aeros Assign Baldwin to Allen - Houston Aeros
- Dallas Stars Swap Goaltenders with Texas - Texas Stars
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Stars Weekly - Texas Strengthens Division Lead with Three Points at Charlotte - Texas Stars
- Beck Recalled to Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Canadiens Reassign Mike Blunden to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- National Hockey League Returns to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms Weekly - Road-Trip Continues - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.