Rapids Goalkeeper Matt Pickens out 3-4 Months with Fractured ForearmMarch 17, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Colorado Rapids
The injury occurred in the fourth minute of the Rapids' 1-1 draw with Real Salt Lake on Saturday in a collision with RSL defender Kwame Watson-Siriboe. Pickens was removed from the match and transported to a local hospital, where he was evaluated and surgery was performed.
The Rapids will train in Denver this week before traveling to Los Angeles for a Saturday match at the LA Galaxy. Colorado's next home match is on Saturday, March 30 at 4 p.m. MT against the Portland Timbers; for more information, or to purchase tickets, visit www.ColoradoRapids.com or call 303-825-GOAL.
Major League Soccer Stories from March 17, 2013
- Rapids Goalkeeper Matt Pickens out 3-4 Months with Fractured Forearm - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Reserves Open MLS Reserve League Campaign with 1-0 Win over Sounders FC - Portland Timbers
- MLS Reserve League: Seattle Sounders FC 0 vs. Portland Timbers 1 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy, Chivas USA End in Stalemate - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Ties the LA Galaxy, 1-1, in First Leg of SuperClásico - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- FC Dallas Reserves Fall 3-1 to Dynamo Reserves - FC Dallas
- Late Strike from Kenny Cooper Hands FC Dallas 3-2 Win over Houston Dynamo - FC Dallas
- Cooper Goal Lifts FC Dallas in 90th Minute - Houston Dynamo
- Timbers Earn Draw in Seattle with Late Wallace Header - Portland Timbers
- Seattle plays to a draw - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Reserves Down Colorado Rapids Reserves 2-1 - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.