SF Bulls Hold off Utah, 6-5 in a ShootoutMarch 17, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - San Francisco Bulls
The Grizzlies took an early 1-0 advantage on a short-handed goal by Adam Estoclet, who forced a turnover, and was able to put the puck past Taylor Nelson for his sixth goal of the season. Colin Vock picked up the lone assist. Sivak scored his 32nd goal of the season with 2:28 remaining in the first period to tie the game. After receiving a pass from Falite, Sivak skated in on a two-on-one and picked the corner past Ben Meisner.
San Francisco took the lead at 6:42 of the second period after a perfectly executed two-on-one rush by Cameron and Tristan King. Cameron buried the puck past Meisner for his 20th goal of the season. Dean Ouellet also assisted on the goal. Utah tied the game at two with 2:24 remaining in the second period. The Grizzlies kept up their sustained pressure after not scoring on the power play, and found a way to get the puck past Nelson. Berkley Scott scored his eighth goal of the season from former Bulls forward Jonathan Lessard. Sivak had the answer for the Bulls. Sivak scored on a one-time shot from the right face-off circle just 18 seconds after Utah had tied the game. The goal was set up by Tommy Grant and Ian Schultz.
The Grizzlies tied the game at 8:28 of the third period after Colin Vock scored his 24th goal of the season. Estoclet and Cody Carlson assisted on the game-tying goal. Morrison quickly gave San Francisco the lead back. His shot from the right circle snuck past Meisner for his 15th goal of the season. C. Ouellet and Falite picked up the assists. Once again the Grizzlies were able to tie the game. Adam Estoclet scored his sixth goal of the year with 9:09 remaining in the third period. David Eddy picked up the only assist on the goal. The Bulls were able to take the lead back with 6:40 left in the game. While on the penalty kill, C. Ouellet broke away from the pack after a brilliant chip off the boards from Morrison. Ouellet brought the puck to his back-hand, and lifted the puck over Meisner for his 15th goal of the season. Utah tied the game on the power play with 1:46 remaining in regulation. A beautiful pass by Vock left Ryan Howse alone in front of the San Francisco goal. Howse scored his second goal of the season to tie the game, David Eddy also picked up an assist.
The game went to overtime with the score deadlocked at five after 60 minutes of play. Neither team scored in the extra session, and the game proceeded to the shootout. Cameron and D. Ouellet scored goals in the shootout, and Taylor Nelson made four out of five saves to seal the victory for San Francisco.
Tomorrow, San Francisco is back in action against these same Utah Grizzlies at 2:15. The Bulls will also be hosting Star Wars Day, and Always Dream Foundation Day! Come to the game dressed in your best Star Wars outfit for a costume contest. For every costume worn $5 will be donated to the Always Dream Foundation. In addition, a portion of the proceeds from the game's events will also be donated to the Always a Dream Foundation. Kristi Yamaguchi and Bret Hedican will be in attendance representing the Foundation. Call 855-SF-BULLS for tickets!
ECHL Stories from March 17, 2013
- Roy stops 29 shots, Thunder finishes 8-2-1 against division counterpart - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Find No Luck on Power Play in 2-1 Loss to Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- Ratchuk's Overtime Goal Lifts 'Blades to 4-3 Win over Stingrays - Florida Everblades
- Barton Scores 5,000th Goal in Team History - Wheeling Nailers
- Grizzlies Beat San Francisco 6-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Bulls Topped by Utah, 6-2 - San Francisco Bulls
- Everblades Slip Past Stingrays in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Solar Bears Come up Just Short in 3-2 Loss to Gwinnett - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gladiators Clinch Playoff Berth with 3-2 Win over Orlando - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Titans Fall in Final Home Meeting with Elmira, 6-3 - Trenton Titans
- Irish Eyes Smile on the Jackals - Elmira Jackals
- Road Warriors Ground Wings in 9-2 Win - Greenville Road Warriors
- Greenville Dominates Kalamazoo On Green Ice - Kalamazoo Wings
- Reign Suspend Cloud - Ontario Reign
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Bakersfield Condors - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - March 17 - ECHL
- Thunder Agrees to Terms with LW Andrew Clark - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Todd Robinson Granted Permission to Leave IceMen - Evansville IceMen
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gwinnett Gladiators - March 17 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Titans GameDay vs. Elmira, March 17 - Game 65 (Home 34) - Trenton Titans
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings vs Road Warrors - Kalamazoo Wings
- Bulls Take on Utah in Matinee Contest - San Francisco Bulls
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Close Season Series vs. Everblades Today - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - March 17 - ECHL
- Robinson Blanks Aces in 2-0 Steelheads Win - Alaska Aces
- 8,155 fans pour into Stockton Arena, Ontario escapes late Thunder flurry - Stockton Thunder
- SF Bulls Hold off Utah, 6-5 in a Shootout - San Francisco Bulls
- Robinson, Steelheads Blank Aces, 2-0 - Idaho Steelheads
- Bulls Take Wild Contest in Shootout; Utah Unbeaten in 6-Straight - Utah Grizzlies
- Reign Fend off Thunder in 1-0 Win - Ontario Reign
- Wranglers Blank Eagles 1-0 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Luck of the Irish with O'Keefe as Wranglers Win 1-0; Nearly $30,000 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.