Chivas USA Game NotesMarch 15, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Club Deportivo Chivas USA Press Release
The Home Depot Center - Carson, Calif.
TV: UniMÃ¡s - Radio: W Radio 690 AM (Spanish)
Chivas USA faces cross-hall rival LA Galaxy in the first leg of the SuperClÃ¡sico on Sunday at The Home Depot Center as the visiting side. After dropping the season opener, the Rojiblancos bounced back and defeated FC Dallas, 3-1, last Sunday. Both clubs enter the 26th edition with a win under their belt in MLS play. The Galaxy won the third and deciding match in last season's SuperClÃ¡sico on Aug. 12. Chivas USA defeated the Galaxy in the first leg of last season's season series on Jose Correa's game-winning penalty kick last May.
GOATS FACTS & NOTES
Chivas USA Will Face Chivas Guadalajara in Friendly
Chivas USA will play sister club Chivas Guadalajara in a friendly at Estadio Olimpico in Ciudad Juarez (Mexico) on Wednesday, March 20, beginning at 4 * p.m. (PT). The match will be played in benefit of EDUCARE, an education institute in Ciudad Juarez that builds hope for one of that city's most marginalized and violence-stricken communities. For that, Chivas will participate in different activities with the goal of benefiting the institution. A significant percentage of the match's proceeds will be put toward the second stage of EDUCARE Ciudad Juarez's construction.
*The match was previously announced to kickoff at 6 p.m. (PT).
Kennedy and Villafaña Team Veterans with SuperClÃ¡sico Experience
Goalkeeper Dan Kennedy and midfielder Jorge Villafaña are among the team's most experienced players in MLS competition, and have appeared in previous SuperClÃ¡sicos for the Red-and-White. With several newcomers in their first year with MLS, the two veterans can provide valuable insight and game knowledge going into Rivalry Week.
Casillas Knocks In First Career MLS Goal
In his first season with the Rebaño Angelino, midfielder Giovani Casillas knocked in his first MLS goal in last Sunday's 3-1 against Western Conference opponent FC Dallas. Casillas, 19, is no stranger to scoring goals on some of soccer's biggest stages. As a member of Mexico's Under-17 World Cup champion team, the Chivas Guadalajara product scored the second goal in the title match against Uruguay, sealing the 2-0 victory at Estadio Azteca in 2011.
History Facts Chivas USA - LA Galaxy
The All-Time series began in 2005 in Chivas USA's inaugural season. Last year's SuperClÃ¡sico series was decided in the final meeting on Aug. 12, as both clubs entered with a win apiece. Sunday's match is the 26th installment of the SuperClÃ¡sico. Former Rojiblancos forward Ante Razov holds the club's all-time scoring record against the Galaxy with six goals. In 25 all-time meetings the clubs have averaged nearly two-and-a-half goals (2.4) per match. Chivas USA has scored 14 of its 20 all-time series goals in the second half.
Major League Soccer Stories from March 15, 2013
- Off-Field Tension Turns into on the Field Battles During SuperClasico Week - Los Angeles Galaxy
- CONCACAF Champions League Semifinal Schedule Set - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Game Notes - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- San Jose Earthquakes Sign World Cup Veteran Walter "Pery" Martinez - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sporting KC Hosts Chicago in Home Opener on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Home Opener Versus Toronto Saturday at 4pm - Montreal Impact
- Colin Clark Impressed by LA's Early Success - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sounders FC to Host Santos Laguna on April 2 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Red Bulls Tim Cahill and Roy Miller Called up for International Duty - New York Red Bulls
- Sounders FC Signs Nigerian Striker Obafemi Martins - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Reserves Kick off MLS Reserve League Season Sunday in Seattle - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL V. Colorado Rapids - Real Salt Lake
- Revs to Take Part in Fashion Show - New England Revolution
- Revs Head to Philly in Search of Second Straight Win - New England Revolution
- MLS WORKS Launches 2013 'Don'T Cross the Line' Campaign - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.