Rampage to Hold 6th Annual Pucks & Paws Game on SundayMarch 5, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) San Antonio Rampage
In anticipation of the game, several Rampage players will be volunteering at the Animal Defense League on Wednesday at 2 p.m. The Rampage players will walk dogs and help give them baths alongside students from the Voices for Animals Group from Highlands High School, Team Up Challenge Champions from the 2010-11 season.
Tickets are $20 for you and your dog to catch all the action at the AT&T Center on Sunday as the Rampage host the Oklahoma City Barons. In addition, $5 from every dog ticket sold will be donated to Alamo Area Partners for Animal Welfare (AAPAW). All dogs must be on a leash (one dog per person), accompanied by an adult and will be directed to enter through the Bud Light Courtyard on the west side of the arena, where a water and relief station will be located throughout the evening.
The fun will begin during the Rampage game with several interactive elements focused on the canine friends in attendance, and select adoptable dogs will have the chance to ride on the Zamboni during intermissions. Adoption Stations will be set up along the concourse where fans will have the chance to help find a forever home for a four-legged friend.
AAPAW is a coalition of animal welfare organizations in the San Antonio area who have joined forces to help bring animal welfare organizations, veterinarians, and the community together in partnership to improve the lives of animals in the San Antonio area. Consequently, AAPAW works closely and collaboratively with City officials, Animal Care Services, the San Antonio Area Foundation, and others to support and carry out the City of San Antonio Animal Care Strategic Plan and the "no kill" initiative.
Tickets for Pucks & Paws Night, and all remaining Rampage home games, start at $10 and can be purchased at the AT&T Center Southeast Box Office, by calling a Rampage representative at 210.444.5554 or online at sarampage.com.
American Hockey League Stories from March 5, 2013
- Wolves Survive Stars Surge 4-3 - Texas Stars
- Wolves Knock off Texas Again - Chicago Wolves
- Tokarski, Bulldogs Turn Down the Heat 2-0 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Whale Push Game to OT before Falling - Connecticut Whale
- Fourth Shutout Win of Season for Rookie Goalie and Monsters - Lake Erie Monsters
- Pickard Closes Door on Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Pirates Outshoot Whale as Miele Gets Sudden Death Winner - Portland Pirates
- Maroon Returns to Norfolk; Holland Recalled by Anaheim - Norfolk Admirals
- Prodigal CEO Bob Funk Jr. a Founding Member of Greater Oklahoma - Oklahoma City Barons
- Portland Pirates Reassign Evan Bloodoff to Gwinnett - Portland Pirates
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Crunch Set Details for Third-Annual Pucks for Paws Night to Benefit - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Assign Brown to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Admirals Return to Scope - Norfolk Admirals
- Wolves Wearing St. Patrick's Day Jerseys for Charity - Chicago Wolves
- Eric Wellwood Recalled by Philadelphia - Adirondack Phantoms
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Sports Celebrity Hat Trick at Upcoming Worcester Sharks Games - Worcester Sharks
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Rangers Recall Forward Micheal Haley from Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Sign Banwell To Contract - Springfield Falcons
- Senators Recall Forward Mark Stone from Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Lighting Recall Crunch Goaltender Cedrick Desjardins - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage to Hold 6th Annual Pucks & Paws Game on Sunday - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins Host Second Annual "Purple Community Game" this Friday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Capitals Sign, Recall Defenseman Steve Oleksy - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Announce Details of the Uncle Bob's Self Storage 'Uncle of the Year' Contest - Syracuse Crunch
- Pirates Look to Right Ship against Whale - Portland Pirates
- Zweigle's Family 4-Packs Available for Select Amerks Home Games - Rochester Americans
- Florida Panthers Recall Jon Rheault - San Antonio Rampage
- Meet the IceCaps, Play Games, and Win Prizes Sunday at FanFest - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.