Thunder Acquires Forward Ryan Hayes from South CarolinaMarch 1, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Stockton Thunder Press Release
Hayes, 23, is expected to join the Thunder for his debut tomorrow in a 6:00 p.m. (StocktonThunder.com) road game against the Ontario Reign at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
"Ryan is a proven offensive player in our league," said Thunder head coach Matt Thomas. "With the recent transactions of many of our top offensive players to injury and recall to the AHL, we have been actively looking to add a player like Hayes."
Thomas continued, "He is the type of player who consistently produces and can be a game changer in tight games down the stretch."
The 5-foot-9 and 185 pound forward has collected 17 points and nine goals in 28 games with South Carolina and Trenton this season, additionally posting six penalty minutes and three power play goals.
Hayes enjoyed career highs as a rookie in 2010-11 with Trenton when he ranked second on the Devils with 50 points and third with 23 goals in 63 games. For his ECHL career, Hayes has earned 116 points and 54 goals in 158 games with Trenton, Greenville and South Carolina.
The native of Syracuse, N.Y. racked up 102 points in 132 career games in his junior career with the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League.
He had a career high 45 points and 26 goals in 55 games during the 2008-09 season, teaming with future NHL first round draft selection and Boston Bruin forward Tyler Seguin. In 2009-10, Hayes was named Humanitarian of the Year of the Canadian Hockey League for his contributions in the community.
Hayes will wear #18 with the Thunder.
Season Tickets, Mini Plans and Group Tickets are on sale now. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Thunder at (209) 373-1500 or visit http://www.stocktonthunder.com/.
ECHL Stories from March 1, 2013
- Gladiators Pummel Blades in Penalty-Filled Contest - Atlanta Gladiators
- Titans Squeeze Past Nailers in Shootout - Wheeling Nailers
- Titans Take Eight-Round Shootout Thriller in Wheeling, 3-2 - Trenton Titans
- Road Warriors Hound Jackals in 4-3 Victory - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cincinnati Defeats Kalamazoo 3-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Nipped by the Road Warriors - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Win Fifth Straight by Clipping Wings, 3-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Power Past Komets in Shootout - South Carolina Stingrays
- Reign Sign Local Product Branden Parkhouse - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - March 1 - ECHL
- Royals Kick off Season Ticket Renewal Campaign with Boscov's Bonanza - Reading Royals
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Colorado Eagles - Ontario Reign
- Beskorowany Back, Carrick Called Up - Idaho Steelheads
- Solar Bears, Community Food & Outreach Center, Hold Partner Event - Orlando Solar Bears
- Blackwater Named ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Las Vegas' Blackwater Is AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- Maxime Clermont Reassigned to Albany - Elmira Jackals
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- D-Men Guentzel, Schaus Reassigned to Komets - Fort Wayne Komets
- Titans GameDay at Wheeling - March 1; Game 58 (Away 29) - Trenton Titans
- SF Bulls in Final Stretch of Road Trip, Take on Las Vegas - San Francisco Bulls
- Quick Returns from American Hockey League - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Acquires Forward Ryan Hayes from South Carolina - Stockton Thunder
- Nailers to Honor Special Fan - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Royals Set For Miracles of March Skills Competition to Benefit The Children's Miracle Network - Reading Royals
- Nailers Announce Roster Moves - Wheeling Nailers
- Beauchemin Named MeiGray Group ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Battle Komets Tonight at Coliseum - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - March 1 - ECHL
- Bob Dylan Comes to Wings Stadium - Kalamazoo Wings
- Hudson, Coleman Lead Aces Past Condors 5-1 - Alaska Aces
- Condors Drop Opener in Alaska - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.