Wranglers Fold Aces, Win 4-1February 24, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Las Vegas Wranglers
Wranglers goaltender Mitch O'Keefe, in net for the first time since Dec. 12, was tested early on by Alaska as the team outshot Las Vegas 14-6 in the first. With less than four minutes left in the period, Wiles tallied the first goal of the night for a 1-0 lead, and exactly 18 minutes later in the second, Blackwater scored on a rebound to make it 2-0. With 2:35 left in the period, the Vegas shutout attempt was vanquished as Aces forward Shawn Skelly recorded a goal to cut the Wranglers' advantage in half.
Wiles regained the two-goal lead for the Wranglers 8:48 into the third, and Blackwater's empty-net goal in the final 42 seconds secured the 4-1 win for Las Vegas. O'Keefe made 33 saves in a performance worthy of top Three Star honors as the team evened the series 1-1 after falling 3-1 to the Aces last night.
The Wranglers and Aces play one more game against each other Sunday afternoon before the team returns home for a three-game stretch starting Friday, March 1, against the San Francisco Bulls.
Celebrating 10 seasons of Wranglers hockey this year, group events are available at all home games, including pre-game ice skating parties, private luxury suites, and rink-side catered party boxes. Groups of ten or more can sit together starting at $13 per ticket, and feature perks such as in-game group recognition and "buy one, get one free" Chuck-A-Puck vouchers. Take advantage of the best deals by calling the Wranglers front office at (702) 471-PUCK . The Wranglers play all 36 regular season home games at Orleans Arena, located next to the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Ave.
ECHL Stories from February 24, 2013
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Thunder Shock Reign - Ontario Reign
- Coleman, Aces Shut Out Wranglers 1-0 - Alaska Aces
- Thunder Clinch Playoff Berth Thanks To Four Power Play Goals - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Blank Wranglers 1-0 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Titans Sweep Weekend Home-And-Home With Reading After 5-3 Win - Trenton Titans
- Delmas Ties Shutout Record, Blanking Komets - Wheeling Nailers
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- Kalamazoo Defeats Elmira 3-2 in Overtime - Kalamazoo Wings
- Charles-Olivier Roussel Sends Cyclones Past Walleye 2-1 in OT - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Drop Wild One to Kalamazoo - Elmira Jackals
- Connolly's Hat Trick Leads Road Warriors to Victory - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Win Gives Eagles Five of Six Points From Weekend Set With Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Colorado Wins Battle Of Shorthanded Teams - Utah Grizzlies
- Road Warriors Slip Past Stingrays 3-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - February 24 - ECHL
- ECHL announces fines, suspensions - ECHL
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
- Ryan Ginand Comes Back from Houston - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Road Warriors Sign Drew Baker - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Titans GameDay at Reading, February 24 - Game 56 (Away 27) - Trenton Titans
- Goaltender Brandon Anderson Reassigned to Hershey - Reading Royals
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Wrap up Weekend Series vs. Greenville Today - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 24 - ECHL
- Alaska's Point Streak Ends in 4-1 Defeat to Las Vegas - Alaska Aces
- Wranglers Fold Aces, Win 4-1 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ontario Holds on to Edge Bakersfield, 4-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Topple Condors 4-3 - Ontario Reign
- SF Bulls Reel in Steelheads, 4-3 in a Shootout - San Francisco Bulls
- Steelheads Squander Lead in Marathon Contest - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.