Condors vs. Ontario - Cap Giveaway for the First 2,000 Fans 5 & UpFebruary 23, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Bakersfield Condors
Time: Doors open at 6 p.m. (5:45 for STH); puck drops at 7 p.m.
Promotion: The first 2,000 fans 5 and older get their choice between a flat bill or curved bill Condors cap, sponsored by 29 Eyewitness News, 98.5 The Fox and Cal Water.
Place: Dignity Health Home Ice at Rabobank Arena
Radio: Fox Sports Radio 970 AM, iheartradio app, www.foxsports970am.com/
Television: Next telecast is Mar. 9
Webcast: America One, www.americaonesports.com
Tickets: Ticketmaster, Condors office 661-324-PUCK (7825)
The Bakersfield Condors play their lone game on the weekend, hosting the Ontario Reign. It is the eighth meeting of the season between the two sides. The teams will meet twice more, March 8 and 9th, with both contests taking place in Condorstown. Five of the seven meetings have been decided by two goals or less including one overtime and one shootout decisions.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Bakersfield had their only Friday night off of the season after dropping a 4-1 decision to the Stockton Thunder on Thursday night at home. F Evan Trupp scored his third goal in four games as the Condors four-game winning streak was snapped. The Condors outshot the Thunder, 39-26, but two Stockton power-play goals proved to be too much to overcome.
The Condors are in the midst of a playoff push with the San Francisco Bulls for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference. Entering tonight, the Condors sit four points back of the Bulls, with San Francisco having four games in hand. Both teams enter tough portions of their schedule as the Condors play the two division leaders for their next six games and the Bulls in the midst of a six-game road trip over the next 11 days.
F Jacob Lagace has five points (0g-5a) in his last two games. He has 10 points (3g-7a) in 8 games during the month of February... G Brian Stewart, who is not expected to play tonight, had started the last seven games... C Peter Boyd returned to lineup on Thursday from injury and led the team with seven shots. He celebrates his 25th birthday today... G Scott Greenham is fifth in the ECHL with 941 saves.
2/20 - C Nicholas Tremblay loaned to Providence (AHL)
WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
Come early and enjoy a delicious meal before the game right here at Rabobank Arena, rather than trying to squeeze in an unsatisfying bite somewhere else.
In addition to the variety of concession stands available, tonight's dining options include:
THE SPACE BETWEEN: Carnitas plate, rice and beans with Pico de Gallo
THE CLUB ROOM: Roasted pork, red roasted potatoes and salad
Follow the Condors all season long, for team news, player moves, promotions, and more on Twitter (@Condors) and Facebook (facebook.com/BakersfieldCondors). Be the first to know!
ECHL Stories from February 23, 2013
- Short-benched Eagles Top Grizzlies, 5-0; Brown Gets First Pro Shutout - Colorado Eagles
- Colorado Splits Series with Win over Utah; Game 3 Sunday - Utah Grizzlies
- Schultz Ties League Scoring Mark; Wedgewood First Shutout in Titans - Trenton Titans
- Joel Martin Makes 45 Saves in 2-1 Shootout Win for Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- IceMen Cool Down 'Blades with 5-3 Win - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Knock off Nailers, 3-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Zapolski Records Third-Straight Shutout on Pink in the Rink - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Utilize Pink Power against Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals Downed by the Wings Sellout Crowd of 3,810 Comes Out for Donate Life Night - Elmira Jackals
- Zapolski Powers Stingrays Past Road Warriors - Greenville Road Warriors
- Royals Sign Forward Jeff Corey - Reading Royals
- Road Warriors Sign Two - Greenville Road Warriors
- Dan DaSilva Loaned to Houston - Ontario Reign
- Ian Keserich Loaned to Binghamton - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Bakersfield Condors - Ontario Reign
- Condors vs. Ontario - Cap Giveaway for the First 2,000 Fans 5 & Up - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Titans GameDay vs. Reading, February 23 - Game 55 (Home 29) - Trenton Titans
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Transactions - February 23 - ECHL
- Forward Eric Hunter Recalled to Oklahoma - Stockton Thunder
- Bulls and Steelheads Play Final Game in Idaho - San Francisco Bulls
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Game Preview: 7th Annual Pink in the Rink Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - February 23 - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings at Jackals - Kalamazoo Wings
- Aces Top Wranglers 3-1 to Extend Point Streak - Alaska Aces
- Wranglers Fall 3-1 to Aces - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Reign Keep Thunder Away with 4-2 Win - Ontario Reign
- Thunder ends four game road trip at 2-2-0, returns home Sunday - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Edge Eagles in OT, 3-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Evansville Slips Past 'Blades in 21-Round Shootout; Ties ECHL Record - Florida Everblades
- The Rookie and the Vet Dazzle Big Crowd in 4-0 Win - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.