Falcons Players To Spearhead Food Drive On March 3February 20, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Springfield Falcons
Falcons players, who will personally be contributing to the drive, are encouraging fans in attendance on Mar. 3 to bring a non-perishable food item for donation. A collection bin will be set up in the concourse behind Section 31 and then taken to The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts following the conclusion of play.
Fans are invited to stick around after that day's game against the Worcester Sharks and participate in a postgame skate with Falcons players on the MassMutual Center ice. The first 1,000 fans 12 and under in attendance that day will receive a specialty Falcons jersey, courtesy of Dunkin Donuts.
The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts has been serving the area since 1982 and is the largest hunger-relief organization in the region. In 2012, The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts collected and distributed more than 6.5 million pounds of food to those in need. For more information on The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts, visit FoodBankWMA.org.
The Falcons are home this Friday to host the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, with the opening face-off set for 7:00 p.m. Fans at the game, presented by Friendly's, will have the opportunity to win a brand new, high-definition television courtesy of Manny's TV & Appliances as part of "Flat-Screen Friday."
Single-game tickets to see the Falcons in 2012-2013 can be purchased at the MassMutual Center Box Office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. through game time on Saturday home dates, and starting four hours prior to Sunday home contests. Fans can also purchase tickets by logging onto Ticketmaster.com. For information about discounted group packages to Falcons home games, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625).
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2013
- Crunch Best Marlies in 4-3 Shootout Win - Syracuse Crunch
- Hutton, Hogs Blank Peoria 4-0 - Rockford IceHogs
- Wolves Survive Late Rally, Beat Heat in Shootout - Chicago Wolves
- Toronto Falls to Syracuse in a Shootout - Toronto Marlies
- IceHogs Blank Rivermen 4-0 - Peoria Rivermen
- IceCaps Top Whale 5-1 - Connecticut Whale
- Amerks Come up Short in 5-1 Loss to Texas - Rochester Americans
- Stars Crush Americans 5-1 - Texas Stars
- IceCaps Pound Whale 5-1 - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Announce Roster Moves - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Loan Goaltender Marc Cheverie to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Ruff Relieved of Duties as Sabres' Head Coach - Rochester Americans
- Heat Recall Mitch Wahl, Sign Andy Bohmbach - Abbotsford Heat
- Bruins Sign Tremblay to PTO - Providence Bruins
- Worcester Sharks to Wear Specialty Jersey on Saturday to Benefit Autism Research Center of Central M - Worcester Sharks
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Sound Tigers Take You Can Play Pledge - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks to Host Their First-Ever "Pucks & Paws Night" - Rochester Americans
- 2013 Labatt Blue Bubble Hockey Tournament Under Way - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Players To Spearhead Food Drive On March 3 - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Host Broome Sports Foundation Auction this Weekend - Binghamton Senators
- 2013 Labatt Blue Bubble Hockey Tournament Under Way - AHL
- Florida Panthers Recall Goaltender Jacob Markstrom - San Antonio Rampage
- Eaton Released from PTO, McNeill Assigned to WBS - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals Release Defenseman Sacha Guimond - Norfolk Admirals
- IceCaps Make Significant Donation to Special Olympics - St. John's IceCaps
- Phantoms Weekly - Dax Birthday and Philly Game - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.