Giants Lose 4-3 in Overtime to PortlandFebruary 16, 2013 - Western Hockey League (WHL) - Vancouver Giants Press Release
Cain Franson scored for the Giants late in the third period to tie the game and send it to overtime.
The Giants had a 2 goal lead until late in the second period when Taylor Leier scored to put Portland on the board.
The league-leading Winterhawks got their first lead of the game after scoring two goals in the third period.
Carter Popoff and Travis McEvoy had the other tallies for Vancouver.
Giants' goalie Jared Rathjen made 31 saves and was the third star of the game.
Vancouver killed off 5-of-6 penalties and went 0-for-4 on the power play.
Giants' Next Game: Sunday February 17 at Seattle, 5:05pm
Giants' Next Home Game: Friday February 22 vs Kamloops, 7:30pm
Western Hockey League Stories from February 16, 2013
- Great Crowd Unable to Help End Losing Skid - Everett Silvertips
- T-Birds Tie Tips in Playoff Standings with Win - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Hitmen earn a 3-1 win - Calgary Hitmen
- Kamloops defeats Kelowna - Kelowna Rockets
- Roughnecks Edge Swarm 17-16 - Calgary Hitmen
- Royals Cut Down by Hitmen - Victoria Royals
- Brendan Leipsic Scores Overtime Winner to Give Winterhawks 4-3 Win - Portland Winterhawks
- Giants Lose 4-3 in Overtime to Portland - Vancouver Giants
- Bartosak Makes 44 Saves; Rebels With A 2-1 Shootout Win Over Victoria - Red Deer Rebels
- Spokane Extends Silvertips' Struggles - Everett Silvertips
- Tri-City Scores Six Straight, Trombley Helps Guide Americans Past Winterhawks - Tri-City Americans
- Giants Sneak Past T-Birds in Overtime - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Giants Win 3-2 in Overtime against Seattle - Vancouver Giants
- Winterhawks Fall 6-2 to Tri-Cities Friday - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals Edged out by Rebels - Victoria Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.