February 14 Weekend Preview vs Peoria, Rockford, MilwaukeeFebruary 14, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Abbotsford Heat Press Release
SATURDAY FEB. 16 - 5:00 PM PST @ ROCKFORD ICEHOGS
SUNDAY FEB. 17 - 3:00 PM PST @ MILWAUKEE ADMIRALS
Streaming: TeamRadio.ca - Saturday & Sunday
*Pre-Game Show begins 15 minutes prior puck-drop
The Abbotsford Heat will play three road games in three days this weekend with stops in Peoria, Rockford, and Milwaukee. The Heat face the Rivermen (AHL affiliate of the St. Louis Blues) on Friday night and the IceHogs (AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks) on Saturday, before closing three games in less than 50 hours with Sunday's matinee against the Admirals (AHL affiliate of the Nashville Predators).
The Heat currently lead the North Division with 59 points in 50 games and are one game into a five-game, twelve-day road trip through the Midwest. On Tuesday the Heat suffered a difficult 2-1 loss at the hands of the Milwaukee Admirals, despite outshooting the Admirals 30-18 in the game. It was Abbotsford's tenth road loss of the season.
The Heat have earned five of a possible six points against Peoria this season, sweeping a season-opening weekend on home ice before losing in a shootout on New Year's Eve in Illinois. Rockford rallied to beat the Heat 3-2 in their only meeting of the season on December 23rd. The Heat are 2-1-0-0 against Milwaukee this season.
Leading scorer Ben Street (C) and wins leader Danny Taylor (G) return to the Heat line-up this weekend after dressing for a pair of games with the Calgary Flames. Street recorded a pair of shots in each of his games while averaging just less than 13 minutes of ice time, while Taylor was the back-up goaltender for two games and did not see action in either contest. Street was assigned to the Heat on Tuesday, while Taylor cleared waivers and was returned to the Heat on Wednesday.
Paul Byron was recalled by the Flames on February 12th and fractured his left hand in the first period of play on Wednesday night in Calgary. Roman Horak has been recalled by the Flames and will be available to play in Thursday's game against the St. Louis Blues. Horak leads the Heat with 14 goals and four shootout goals on six attempts. The second-year Czech forward recorded an assist in his two games with the Flames in January.
Following this 'three-in-three' stretch, the Heat head to Chicago where they close out their road trip with their eighth and final game of the season against the Chicago Wolves (AHL affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks).
The Heat will return home to face the Charlotte Checkers on February 22nd and 23rd to close out a spell of 14 games over 24 days - their busiest stretch of the season. February 22nd is Country Night at the AESC and will feature the Heat's fourth "Loonie, Toonie, Dog N' Brew" night of the season - fans can purchase a ticket, a hotdog and a beer for only $18! For more information on the team and to purchase tickets, visit www.AbbotsfordHeat.com or call 1 877 452-HEAT(4328).
American Hockey League Stories from February 14, 2013
- Checkers Top Chicago in Overtime - Charlotte Checkers
- Family Weekend Full of Giveaways at the BMO - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Release Rollheiser from PTO - Abbotsford Heat
- Lightning Assign Pierre-Cedric Labrie and Brendan Mikkelson to Syracuse for Conditioning - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Welcome Rampage for Back-To-Back Games Next Week - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rampage Acquire Defenseman Zach Miskovic from Chicago Wolves - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Trade Miskovic to San Antonio - Chicago Wolves
- Minnesota Wild Assign Charlie Coyle And Matt Kassian - Houston Aeros
- Rampage Announce Face-Off against Kids Cancer Event at Magik Theatre - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens to Host Fourth Annual Hockey & Heels Event - Binghamton Senators
- Dallas Returns Jamie Oleksiak to Texas - Texas Stars
- Big Weekend on and off the Ice for the Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Sign Forward Brayden Irwin to New PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- February 14 Weekend Preview vs Peoria, Rockford, Milwaukee - Abbotsford Heat
- Button Returns to Providence - Providence Bruins
- Forward Louie Caporusso Reassigned to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Buddy the Puffin to Greet Fans at IceCaps Alley - St. John's IceCaps
- Flames Recall Roman Horak From Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Lightning Acquire Goaltender Cedrick Desjardins From Montreal - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Acquire Dustin Tokarski in Exchange for Cedrick Desjardins - Hamilton Bulldogs
- IceCaps, Purolator Feed Those in Need with 3,500 Pounds of Food - St. John's IceCaps
- Nestrasil Rejoins Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- IceCaps Discuss Future Plans with Corporate Partners - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.