Houston Aeros Sign Goalie John CurryFebruary 13, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Houston Aeros
Curry returns to the Aeros, where he backed up Matt Hackett in early December, but did not see any ice time. He's made 32 appearances for Orlando this season, going 17-11-2 with three shutouts. The 28-year old posted a 2.80 goals against average and a .910 save percentage with the Aeros ECHL affiliate. The sixth-year pro has made 177 AHL appearances, going 103-59-6 with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton from 2007-11. He produced a 2.49 goals against average and a .907 save percentage in the AHL. The Shorewood, MN native played in Hamburg of the DEL last season, going 22-20-0 with a 2.73 goals against average and a .917 save percentage.
Dell served as Houston's back up at Texas on Tuesday night. He returns to the Allen Americans, Houston's Central Hockey League affiliate. The first-year pro made 28 appearances this season for Allen, going 13-5-6 with a 2.22 goals against average and a .922 save percentage. The 23-year old played collegiately at the University of North Dakota, going 49-20-5 over three seasons with a 2.15 goals against average and a .912 save percentage.
O'Neil played in five games without a point for Houston. He returns to the Toledo Walleye of the ECHL, where he's played in 43 games with 11 goals and 21 points this season. The 6-foot-4, 215-pounder also played in two games with Providence of the AHL earlier this season, scoring a goal for his only point. The Essex, ON, native has played in 199 AHL games for Lake Erie, Providence and Bridgeport. Over the course of his six-year career, O'Neil has nine AHL goals and 35 points. He was drafted by the New York Islanders in the fourth round (#115) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
Houston continues on an eight-game road trip on Friday, Feb. 15 in Rochester at 6:05 p.m. CT. The Aeros return home on Saturday, Feb. 23 at 7:05 p.m. as Houston hosts Oklahoma City at Toyota Center. The team will celebrate Boy Scout Night by handing out 2012-13 team posters to the first 2,000 fans.
Aeros season tickets start as low as $9 per seat and may be purchased online at Aeros.com by placing a $100 deposit. Once your order is processed, an Aeros ticket representative will contact you to choose your exact seat location, as well as discuss the payment options. Information on season tickets and mini-plans is also available on the team website at www.aeros.com. Groups of 15 or more receive a discount on all tickets, to book your group outing to an Aeros game please call 713-974-PUCK (7825).
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2013
- Porter Scores Two in Win over Rockford - Peoria Rivermen
- Back and Forth Affair Goes Peoria's Way - Rockford IceHogs
- Devils Streak Ended by Crunch - Albany Devils
- Crunch Special Teams Power Past Devils - Syracuse Crunch
- Emerson Etem Re-Joins Admirals from Ducks; Holland and Maroon Called up by Anaheim - Norfolk Admirals
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Penguins Assign McNeill to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Houston Aeros Sign Goalie John Curry - Houston Aeros
- Kings Announce Roster Moves - Manchester Monarchs
- It's Your Lucky Day for Season Tickets - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Campbell Agrees to Terms on AHL Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sentry Alarms Presents a Hockey Double Header with Heart this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Drazenovic Recalled By Columbus, Cullity Assigned To Idaho - Springfield Falcons
- Marlies Sign Goaltender Drew Macintyre to PTO - Toronto Marlies
- SJ Sharks Reassign Right Wing Matt Pelech to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Assign Defenseman Steve Eminger to Connecticut for Conditioning - Connecticut Whale
- Whale's Version of "The Smurfs" Comes up Huge - Connecticut Whale
- Labatt Blue AHL Bubble Hockey Tournament of Champions Dates Announced - Springfield Falcons
- Button & Cross Head South - Providence Bruins
- Abbotsford Heat Announce Country Night - Abbotsford Heat
- Popular PBS Character Arthur to Visit Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Players To Participate In Interactive Hockey Event At Tower Square - Springfield Falcons
- Flames Reassign Goaltender Danny Taylor - Abbotsford Heat
- Worcester Sharks Road Game That Postponed on February 10 Rescheduled - Worcester Sharks
- Coyotes Recall Rundblad, Assign Stone to Portland - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Recall Goaltender Marc Cheverie from Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Worcester Sharks to Host Online Jersey Auction to Benefit Cup Crusaders - Worcester Sharks
- Hockey Weekend Across America Preview and Kevin Kaminski on latest Edition of Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Winnipeg Jets Jets Recall Eddie Pasquale from IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Columbus Blue Jackets Name Jarmo Kekalainen General Manager - Springfield Falcons
- Aeros Squeeze by Stars 2-1 in a Shootout - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms Weekly - Dax Bobblehead Night - Adirondack Phantoms
- Heat Beaten 2-1 by Admirals to Open 12-Day Trip - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.