Rope Necklace Giveaway and Batman this Weekend in CondorstownFebruary 12, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) Bakersfield Condors
Look just like some of the best professionals in the game on Friday as the first 2,000 children, 12 and under, will receive Condors Rope Necklaces presented by La Campesina 92.5 FM. This is a first-ever giveaway in Condorstown history. Look like World Series champion Tim Lincecum of the San Francisco Giants or even former Bakersfield superstar Josh Hamilton of the Los Angeles Angels.
Friday is a Wells Fargo Condors Kids Club Night with members receiving a free lower level ticket to the game. If your child is not signed up, and we don't know why they wouldn't be, click here for more information.
The Caped Crusader will take the night off from fighting crime in Gotham City and swoops into Condorstown on Saturday presented by La Caliente 96.9 FM. Take your pictures in the Condors photo booth with the Dark Knight himself during pre-game and in both intermissions.
Saturday is the first of four SC Architect "B" Better Bakersfield nights. Students who present their report card showing a GPA of a "B" (3.0) or better at the box office will receive half-price tickets anywhere in the arena. The box office opens at 10am Monday-Saturday. For more information, call the Condors office at 324-PUCK (7825).
Come see the Tevis Jr. High Music Department, consisting of their choir, band, and orchestra perform Saturday's National Anthem as a result of their excellent fundraiser. They will also perform during the first intermission. To find out how you can use the Condors, by selling tickets and raising money for your group or organization, click here or call the front office at 324-PUCK (7825).
After the games, head on up to the Bakersfield Marriott Autograph Booth, located on the north end of the concourse near the main doors to meet some of your favorite Condors players. On Friday, F Jacob Lagace and D Ryan Annesley will sign for fans while on Saturday F Scott Freeman and F Jake Morley will man the booth.
Both games start at 7 p.m. with doors opening at 6 p.m. (5:45 p.m. for season ticket holders).
REAL CONDOR STEALS THE SHOW!
All we wanted was to have the condor sit on its custom Condors perch at center ice during the anthem. But before Queen Victoria's one minute and forty second appearance in Condorstown was complete, it ended up being legendary.
At over 600,000 views and counting, her appearance has been highlighted on multiple ESPN shows, Yahoo!, NHL.com, CNN's Anderson Cooper 360, ABC's Good Morning America, NBC's The Today Show and literally hundreds of other websites, TV stations and newspapers in over 160 countries.
Queen Victoria was brought to Condorstown by Joe the BIRDMAN, and is an educational ambassador for her species, performing at zoos and other events around the country and has even been on The Tonight Show. She was completely unharmed during the appearance Friday night (although the BIRDMAN is a bit banged up). To learn more about the Andean condor click here.
If you can't make the games, tune in to all the action on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM, www.foxsports970am.com or on America One. "Condors Countdown" starts 15 minutes before the drop of the puck.
SAVE MONEY WITH A FUN 4-PACK-FREE SNUGGIES!!!!
Get your Condors ticket plan, become a season ticket holder, and enjoy all the great benefits of being in Condorstown, including saving big money on your tickets. Get in on the action with a Condors Fun 4-Pack - starting at just $32, if you buy two of them you get a free snuggie!
Check out the plan to fit your needs by calling 324-PUCK (7825).
ECHL Stories from February 12, 2013
- Kuemper Becomes 500th ECHL Player to Play in NHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Knock off Komets, 2-1 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Loan Goaltender Drew MacIntyre to Toronto Marlies - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly (february 12-18): Military Appreciation Weekend - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Continue Home Stand Wednesday - Utah Grizzlies
- Pucks and Paws with the SF Bulls - San Francisco Bulls
- Cameron Gets Second Call to Texas; Higgins Signs - Greenville Road Warriors
- Rope Necklace Giveaway and Batman this Weekend in Condorstown - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Transactions - February 12 - ECHL
- Michael Wilson Comes Back to Orlando - Orlando Solar Bears
- Edmonton Assigns Goaltender Olivier Roy and Defenseman Brandon Davidson from Oklahoma City - Stockton Thunder
- Wings West to Host ACHA North Regional Playoffs - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Pretty in Pink - Kalamazoo Wings
- AHL's Wolves Return Blain to Boise - Idaho Steelheads
- Las Vegas' Fallon Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Sarauer, Fallon Named ECHL Player, Goaltender of the Week - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Las Vegas' Sarauer Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Bulls Begin Three-Game Road Trip in Idaho against the Steelheads - San Francisco Bulls
- "B" Better Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Bordeleau Increases Number of Former ECHL Players to Play in NHL to 499 - ECHL
- 4th Annual Toledo Walleye Blood Drive Tuesday, February 19 - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Today - February 12 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.