Seven straight wins lift Wranglers in standingsFebruary 11, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) Press Release
Las Vegas won each of its four outings last week, outscoring its opposition 17-6 in the process.
The Wranglers opened the week with a 4-2 win against Colorado on Monday. Andrew Sarauer (2g-1a) and Scott Pitt (1g-2a) led the way offensively with three points each, while Joe Fallon matched his season high with 40 saves to earn the win in goal.
Las Vegas opened a four-game road trip on Wednesday with a 5-0 win at San Francisco. Jody O'Neill recorded his first professional shutout in his Wranglers' debut making 40 saves, while Sarauer once again had the hot hand offensively with a hat trick.
On Saturday, the Wranglers used a three-goal first period to defeat Bakersfield 4-1. Eric Lampe scored two goals and Judd Blackwater, Chris Francis and Sarauer each had a pair of assists while Sean Wilies added a goal and an assist.
Las Vegas ended its' week with a come-from-behind 4-3 overtime win at Ontario on Saturday. Trailing 2-0 after one period, Adam Hughesman and Lampe pulled the Wranglers even, only to see the Reign go back ahead midway through the third period. Josh Lunden scored with just under five minutes remaining in regulation to force overtime, and Channing Boe tallied less than a minute into the extra session to give the Wranglers the win. Fallon made 19 saves to stretch his personal winning streak to six games.
Sarauer, who tallied 10 points (5g-5a) and was +9 in the four games last week, leads the Wranglers with 39 points (16g-23a) in 47 games. He is one of five players on the team with at least 32 points and one of seven players who has tallied at least 10 goals.
Francis, who represented the Wranglers at the 2013 ECHL All-Star Game, is second in the league with 190 shots on goal while Hughesman ranks fourth among rookies with 131 shots.
Fallon's 18 wins are third in the league while he is second with 2,130 minutes played, third with 925 saves and tied for seventh with a 2.42 goals-against average.
The Wranglers conclude their road trip on Wednesday at Utah before returning home to host Idaho on Friday and Sunday.
Reign, Aces clinch playoff spots
The first two spots in the 2013 Kelly Cup Playoffs were secured over the weekend as both the Ontario Reign and Alaska Aces clinched playoff berths.
Both clubs clinched playoff spots in 49 games, tying for the second quickest playoff clinching in ECHL history. The Texas Wildcatters hold the ECHL record, clinching a playoff berth in 48 games in 2007-08.
This week in ECHL history
As part of the ECHL's 25th anniversary, each week the League will take a look back at important moments in ECHL history.
Feb. 15, 1992 - Johnstown's Mark Green scores two goals in the Chiefs' 5-4 shootout win against Raleigh to give him 50 goals in 50 games. He would finish the season with 68 goals and seven hat tricks, both team records.
- Jordan Pietrus has 10 points (4g-6a) in his last seven games.
- Nine of the Jackals' last 13 wins have been come-from-behind victories.
- Elmira is at Reading on Wednesday and Saturday and hosts the Royals on Friday.
- Nikita Kashirsky has 15 points (7g-8a) in his last 12 games.
- Reading is second in the league with 20 home wins (20-4-1).
- The Royals host Elmira on Wednesday and Saturday and visit the Jackals on Friday.
- Mike Ullrich has 15 points (8g-7a) in 11 games with Trenton.
- The Titans are first on the penalty kill at 86.4 percent (178-for-206)
- Trenton is at Kalamazoo on Thursday and at Cincinnati on Friday and Saturday.
- Jordy Trottier scored his first career ECHL goal on Thursday vs. Gwinnett.
- Wheeling has had a league-high 16 games advance past regulation.
- The Nailers are at Greenville on Thursday and Gwinnett on Friday.
- Brian Foster became the club's all-time leader in wins, winning his 41st career game on Saturday at Greenville.
- The Cyclones are 17-6-2 when outshooting their opponent.
- Cincinnati hosts Fort Wayne on Tuesday and Trenton on Friday and Saturday.
- Josh Beaulieu is the only player to appear in each of the club's 51 games.
- Evansville is eight of its last 30 (26.7 percent) on the power play.
- The IceMen host Toledo on Wednesday and Fort Wayne on Friday before visiting the Komets on Saturday.
- Eric Giosa has six points (1g-5a) in his last four games.
- The Komets are 16-3-2 in one-goal games.
- Fort Wayne is at Cincinnati on Tuesday and Evansville on Friday, hosts the IceMen on Saturday and travels to Toledo on Sunday.
- Joel Martin has started 33 consecutive games in goal.
- Kalamazoo is 5-1 in shootouts.
- The K-Wings host Trenton on Thursday and Toledo on Friday and visit the Walleye on Saturday.
- Travis Novak has scored the game-winning goal in each of Toledo's last two wins.
- The Walleye have won eight of their last 10 games.
- Toledo is at Evansville on Wednesday and Kalamazoo on Friday and hosts Kalamazoo on Saturday and Fort Wayne on Sunday.
- Olivier Dame-Malka is third among defensemen with 122 shots on goal.
- The Everblades are third with 3.51 goals per game.
- Florida is at South Carolina on Wednesday, Greenville on Friday and Gwinnett on Saturday and Sunday.
- Marc-Olivier Vallerand is fifth with 54 points (17g-37a).
- Greenville had a team record 6,825 fans on Saturday against Cincinnati.
- The Road Warriors host Wheeling on Thursday and Florida on Friday.
- Casey Pierro-Zabotel is tied for third with 40 assists.
- The Gladiators are fourth with 32.40 shots per game.
- Gwinnett hosts Wheeling on Friday and Florida on Saturday and Sunday.
- Alain Goulet scored his first goal with the Solar Bears on Saturday at Florida.
- Orlando is 9-1-1 in its last 11 home games.
- The Solar Bears host South Carolina on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Robby Dee posted the Stingrays' first hat trick of the season on Friday against Evansville.
- Three different goaltenders have posted shutouts for the Stingrays this season.
- South Carolina hosts Florida on Wednesday and visits Orlando on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Nick Mazzolini is second with 26 goals and eight game-winning goals.
- The Aces are 4-0-3 in their last seven games.
- Alaska is at Utah on Friday and Saturday.
- Michael Forney is tied for fourth with 23 goals.
- Colorado is tied for the league lead with 10 shorthanded goals.
- The Eagles are at Bakersfield on Friday and Saturday and Ontario on Sunday.
- Tyler Gron has 15 points (9g-6a) in 12 games since joining the Steelheads.
- The Steelheads have scored at least one power-play goal in each of their last nine games.
- Idaho hosts San Francisco on Tuesday and Wednesday, and travels to Las Vegas on Friday and Sunday and Ontario on Saturday.
- Mitch Wahl leads the league with 32 power-play points (9g-23a).
- Utah is third on the power play at 22.7 percent (55-for-242).
- The Grizzlies host Las Vegas on Wednesday and Alaska on Friday and Saturday.
- Francis Verreault is second among rookies with 145 shots on goal.
- The Condors are tied for fourth with five shorthanded goals on the road.
- Bakersfield hosts Colorado on Friday and Saturday.
- Chris Francis is second with 190 shots on goal.
- Las Vegas has a league-best 10 wins when trailing after two periods.
- The Wranglers are at Utah on Wednesday and host Idaho on Friday and Sunday.
- Mario Lamoureux is tied for second among rookies with 19 goals.
- The Reign are 29-1-4 when scoring first.
- Ontario is at Stockton on Friday and hosts Idaho on Saturday and Colorado on Sunday.
- Dean Ouellet and Peter Sivak share the team lead with 23 goals each.
- San Francisco is 78-for-84 (92.8 percent) on the penalty kill over its last 31 games.
- The Bulls are at Idaho on Tuesday and Wednesday and at Stockton on Saturday before hosting the Thunder on Sunday.
- Tyler Bunz made a career-high 41 saves on Sunday at Alaska.
- The Thunder are 16-4-6 when scoring first.
- Stockton hosts Ontario on Friday and San Francisco on Saturday and visits the Bulls on Sunday.
ECHL Stories from February 11, 2013
- Radio Recon Is Ready for the Rookie Party - Reading Royals
- Lunden Returns to AHL's IceCaps - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Stingrays Name Kevin Quick Team Captain - South Carolina Stingrays
- Condors Weekly: Condors Gone Wild, Win in SF Highlight the Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Free Admission for Kids Club Members & Classroom Champions this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Lafranchise Returns to Alaska from AHL - Alaska Aces
- ECHL Transactions - February 11 - ECHL
- Trenton Titans Have Officially Gone "Metal" - Trenton Titans
- Goaltender Cal Heeter Recalled to AHL - Trenton Titans
- Marcou Returns from Loan, Helmbrecht Released - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Weekly Warrior - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays to Announce Team Captain Tonight on Monday Night Hockey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Langdon Named Captain, D. Ouellet Alternate, Tam Returns - San Francisco Bulls
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Seven straight wins lift Wranglers in standings - ECHL
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Weekly: 2-For-1 Tickets vs. Defending Kelly Cup Champions Wednesday - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Komets Hold Playoff Position; IceMen Visit Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- McNeill Assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wheeling Nailers
- Cody Sol Recalled to IceCaps - Colorado Eagles
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.