Chicago Fire Conclude Preseason with Carolina Challenge CupFebruary 11, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Chicago Fire
After a nine-day training camp in Ventura, Calif., the Fire head to Charleston, S.C. to partake in the 2013 Carolina Challenge Cup for the third consecutive season. The Fire, who hold a 2-2-1 overall record in Challenge Cup play, will face fellow MLS clubs Houston Dynamo, Vancouver Whitecaps and USL-PRO side Charleston Battery in the 10th edition of the tournament. All three Fire matches at the annual preseason tournament will be streamed live via Chicago-Fire.com and can be followed @ChiFireMatch on Twitter.
Tickets for the 2013 Carolina Challenge Cup are available at (843) 971-GOAL (4625) or www.charlestonbattery.com .
CHICAGO FIRE CLOSE CALIFORNIA LEG OF PRESEASON WITH 1-0 WIN OVER THE SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES
The Chicago Fire concluded their nine-day West Coast training camp with a 1-0 win over the 2012 Supporters' Shield Winners San Jose Earthquakes Saturday evening at Harder Stadium in Santa Barbara, Calif. Offseason acquisition Jeff Larentowicz converted a late 79th minute penalty kick to give the Fire the victory. In the first match of the doubleheader, the Fire drew 1-1 with UC Santa Barbara courtesy of a 12th minute header by Michael Videira.
On Tuesday, Feb. 5 the Fire drew Chivas USA 1-1 at the Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. The Fire's 2013 MLS SuperDraft pick Yazid Atouba's 52nd minute equalizer was the Cameroonian youth international's second goal in two consecutive matches.
As the squad begins to take shape, Fire Head Coach Frank Klopas utilized a total of 33 players over the course of the three matches.
MARCH TO SOCCER - FIRE OPEN 16TH CAMPAIGN AGAINST MLS CUP CHAMPION LA GALAXY IN 21 DAYS
The Men in Red open their 16th season on the road in just 21 days when they visit two-time defending MLS Cup Champions LA Galaxy at The Home Depot Center on Sunday, March 3 at 4:00 p.m. CT (Univision). The following week, in just 27 days, the Fire will host the New England Revolution for Opening Night at Toyota Park on Saturday, March 9 at 6:30 p.m. CT (NBC Sports Network).
The Fire's full 2013 schedule can be found at www.Chicago-Fire.com/schedule. The Fire are slated to appear in a total of 16 nationally televised broadcasts throughout its 16th season of MLS play.
INDIVIDUAL TICKETS FOR THE CLUB'S 2013 MLS CAMPAIGN AT TOYOTA PARK NOW ON SALE
Individual single game tickets for the club's 16th MLS season at Toyota Park are now on sale via Ticketmaster.
One of the most affordable live events in the Chicagoland area, single game ticket prices start as low as $20 and can be purchased via Ticketmaster.
Chicago Fire Season Tickets and #cf97withdrawals Winter Packs, which give fans the opportunity to witness the Men in Red in action on Opening Day while donning the four Fire hats and four pairs of Fire gloves included in the pack are now on sale. Tickets are available by calling 1-888-MLS-FIRE, via Ticketmaster or by heading to the club's official website at www.Chicago-Fire.com.
Season Ticket Holder exchanges will begin Monday, February 18.
SUPPORT THE CHICAGO FIRE FOUNDATION AT THE 15TH ANNUAL SEASON KICKOFF LUNCHEON MONDAY, MARCH 5
Get your tickets for the 15th annual Chicago Fire Season Kickoff Luncheon which will be held on Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. U.S. Soccer Federation President Sunil Gulati will help kickoff the event by delivering the keynote address. This is the first chance of the season to meet your 2013 Chicago Fire Soccer team . The event includes a reception, lunch and silent auction featuring Chicago Fire and other sports memorabilia, gift certificates and more . The first 20 full paid tables of ten (10) at $850 will be seated with a Fire player or coach. Tickets are available here or by calling (708) 496-6751.
Major League Soccer Stories from February 11, 2013
- Chivas USA Set to Face L.A. Blues in Fifth Preseason Match - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- #RapidsJersey Unveiling to Take Place February 26 - Colorado Rapids
- Bright Dike Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Weekly Update - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- D.C. United Announces Promotional Schedule for 2013 Season - D.C. United
- San Jose Earthquakes, Visa to Celebrate 2012 Supporters' Shield Title on Opening Night - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Conclude Preseason with Carolina Challenge Cup - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- Revs Sign Forward Chad Barrett, Defender Bilal Duckett - New England Revolution
- Sounders FC Announces Preseason Friendly - Seattle Sounders FC
- Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band to Visit FC Dallas Stadium on May 4 - FC Dallas
- Red Bulls Acquire Midfielder Eric Alexander - New York Red Bulls
- Timbers Acquire Allocation Money from New York in Exchange for Midfielder Eric Alexander - Portland Timbers
- Major League Soccer Unveils "Jersey Week" - MLS
- Revs Youth Players Make College - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Red Bulls Name Rafael GonzÃ¡lez Goalkeeper Coach - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.