Bloomington Slips Past Mallards 3-1February 9, 2013 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Quad City Mallards
Barczuk buried a rebound to snap a 1-1 tie at 8:28 of the third period. Gilbert's empty net goal clinched the Bloomington victory with 38 seconds remaining.
The Mallards had tied the game at one when Matt Boyd scored on a partial breakaway at 8:45 of the second period.
It was Gilbert who opened the scoring on the power play from the side of the net at 9:10 of the first period.
The Mallards and Blaze meet again next Tuesday at 7:05 p.m. in the Quad Cities. Next Tuesday evening is also a 2-for-Tuesday- $2 beers and soft drinks will be available at i wireless Center concession stands during the game.
Tickets for next Tuesday night's tilt- as well as seats for all remaining Mallards regular season home games- can also be purchased in person at the i wireless Center ticket office, at Ticketmaster outlets, through www.ticketmaster.com or through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free at 1-800-745-3000. The ticket office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and on game days from 10:00 a.m. until the start of the second period.
Central Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2013
- Sundogs Earn Win in Rapid City, 4-1 - Arizona Sundogs
- Brahmas Top the Cutthroats in 1-0 Goaltender Duel - Denver Cutthroats
- Fogal's Shutout Seals Brahmas' 1-0 Victory - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sundogs Upend Rush 4-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Mavs End Oilers' Streak in 5-2 Win - Missouri Mavericks
- Lowe's Two Goals Propels Thunder Past Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Tulsa's Win Streak Snapped in 5-2 Loss at Missouri - Tulsa Oilers
- Blaze Break Skid with Win over Mallards - Bloomington Blaze
- Bloomington Slips Past Mallards 3-1 - Quad City Mallards
- Americans Big Third Period Leads to 5-1 Win - Allen Americans
- Thunder Drop Second-Straight Shootout to Oilers - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.