Blades blank CalgaryFebruary 1, 2013 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Calgary Hitmen
Nathan Burns and Brenden Walker both scored twice for Saskatoon while Josh Nicholls and Matej Stransky added singles.
The Blades who led 1-0 after the first period extended the lead to 3-0 after 40 minutes.
Calgary Flames prospect Michael Ferland chipped in a pair of assists as did Erik Benoit, Shane McColgan and Darren Deitz.
The loss drops the Hitmen to 1-2 on their season high nine game road trip.
Calgary, now 33-15-1-3, returns to action tomorrow night in Prince Albert against the Raiders.
Internet Broadcast on www.sportsnet.ca/960 starts at 6:00 p.m.
Western Hockey League Stories from February 1, 2013
- Hurricanes Edge Rebels 3-2 In Lethbridge - Red Deer Rebels
- Winterhawks Beat Seattle 5-3 Friday - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals Stunned by Cougars - Victoria Royals
- Pats win over Brandon - Regina Pats
- Blades blank Calgary - Calgary Hitmen
- Sound Tigers Come Back to Beat Whale 5-4 - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Blazers Host Chiefs Tonight at ISC - Kamloops Blazers
- Canada West "Husky-WHL Grad of the Month": Blair Macaulay, Manitoba - WHL
- WHL this Week: Looking Ahead - WHL
- Boes Named Player Of The Month - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Pats vs Brandon Gameday Preview - Regina Pats
- Rebels Score 3 in the Third Period; Win 6-2 over Kootenay - Red Deer Rebels
- Royals Upended by Rockets - Victoria Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.