LA Galaxy Academy to Participate in Dallas Cup Opening Day Quadruple-HeaderJanuary 31, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Los Angeles Galaxy Press Release
The Galaxy Academy, which earlier this month accepted an invitation to participate in the Gordon Jago Super Group, will face Germany' Eintracht Frankfurt as part of a quadruple-header that will be played at the historic Cotton Bowl on Sunday, March 24. The game between the Galaxy and Frankfurt kicks off at 12:30 p.m. and will be the second of the day's four games.
The Galaxy and Frankfurt have been placed in Group B of the Super Group along with 2012 English Premier Academy Champion Fulham and Brazil's Coritiba FC, the defending Dallas Cup Super Group champions. After opening the tournament against Frankfurt, LA will face Fulham on Monday, March 25 and Coritiba on Wednesday, March 26. The location and times for these games will be announced at a later date.
In addition to the Galaxy-Frankfurt game, three other games will be played at the Cotton Bowl to kickoff the tournament. Coritiba takes on Fulham to open the day with that game to be followed by the Galaxy-Frankfurt match as well a pair of matches from Group A with Manchester United taking on Club America and Fluminese facing Tigres UANL.
The Dallas Cup semifinals, scheduled for Friday, March 29 and the Final, which will be played two days later, will all be played at the Cotton Bowl. The final is set to be played on Sunday, March 31 at 6 p.m.
Tickets to all the games that taking places in the Cotton Bowl go on sale Friday, Feb. 1 at www.dallascup.com. Games played during the week at the University of Texas at Dallas complex and Richland College complex are free of charge. For more information about Dallas Cup, including ticket prices, travel assistance, and more, visit dallascup.com.
Major League Soccer Stories from January 31, 2013
- Elliot's Early Goal Enough for Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- Robbie Keane Returns to Los Angeles - Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy to host meet-the-team event at L.A. Live ahead of the MLS season opener - Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Academy to Participate in Dallas Cup Opening Day Quadruple-Header - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Academy Product Selected to U.S. U-17 Men's National Team - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- D.C. United and Head Coach Ben Olsen Extend Contract - D.C. United
- Another Call-Up for Defender Aron Mkungilwa with Canada U17 - Montreal Impact
- Chivas USA Announces On-Sale Dates for Mini-Plans and Individual Tickets - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- FC Dallas and MLS Reach Agreement with Stoke City on Brek Shea Transfer - FC Dallas
- Seahawks and Sounders FC to Expand Retail Store at CenturyLink - Seattle Sounders FC
- Arrieta Earns International Call-Up for 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifying - Columbus Crew SC
- Whitecaps to Release Tickets for All 2013 Regular Season Home Matches - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Sign Midfielder Brendan King - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Single Match Tickets to Go on Sale Monday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Crew Unveils 2013 Promotional Schedule - Columbus Crew SC
- Visa Presale Available for 2013 MLS All-Star Game - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.