Chivas USA Academy Product Selected to U.S. U-17 Men's National TeamJanuary 31, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Club Deportivo Chivas USA
Jamieson is currently a junior at Santa Monica High School and was most recently selected to the U.S. National Team's Spring Residency Program in Florida. The Los Angeles native has also earned call-ups with the U-15 national team, participating in domestic camps in 2010 and 2011, and was part of the U-15 Residency Program in 2010.
The highlight of the camp will be the U.S. game against Nike's The Chance Team, which is comprised of 16 players from around the world who participated in Nike's The Chance in 2012. More than 100,000 players from 55 countries participated in The Chance, with 100 traveling to Barcelona, Spain.
The U.S. U-17 MNT is preparing for the 2013 CONCACAF U-17 Championship, which takes place April 6-19 in Panama. The U.S. will be joined in Panama by the hosts, as well as by Barbados, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico and Trinidad & Tobago.
U.S. U-17 Men's National Team Roster by Position
GOALKEEPERS (2): Jeff Caldwell (NC Fusion; Todd, N.C.), Paul Christensen (Seattle Sounders; Woodinville, Wash.)
DEFENDERS (8): Conor Donovan (NC Alliance; Fuquay Varina, N.C.), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake Academy; Tucson, Ariz.), Elijah Martin (Unattached; Fresno, Calif.), Shaquell Moore (Unattached; Powder Springs, Ga.), Erik Palmer-Brown (Sporting Kansas City; Lee's Summitt, Mo.), Tommy Redding (FC America Premier; Oviedo, Fla.), John Requejo Jr. (Real So Cal; Carpinteria, Calif.), Caleb Smith (Solar Chelsea SC; Arlington, Texas)
MIDFIELDERS (5): Corey Baird (San Diego Surf; Escondido, Calif.), Junior Flores (Unattached; Manassas Park, Va.), Angel Heredia (San Jose Earthquakes; San Jose, Calif.), Christopher Lema (New York Red Bulls; Ridgefield, N.J.), Ben Swanson (Crew Soccer Academy; Grove City, Ohio)
FORWARDS (6): Bradford Jamieson (Chivas USA; Los Angeles, Calif.), Nathan Kohl (Crew Soccer Academy; Hilliard, Ohio), Rubio Rubin (unattached; Beaverton, Ore.), Ahinga Selemani (CSA Wolves; Ann Arbor, Mich.), Wesley Wade (New York Red Bulls; South Orange, N.J.), Alan Winn (Solar Chelsea FC; Garland, Texas)
Major League Soccer Stories from January 31, 2013
- Elliot's Early Goal Enough for Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- Robbie Keane Returns to Los Angeles - Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy to host meet-the-team event at L.A. Live ahead of the MLS season opener - Los Angeles Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Academy to Participate in Dallas Cup Opening Day Quadruple-Header - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Chivas USA Academy Product Selected to U.S. U-17 Men's National Team - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- D.C. United and Head Coach Ben Olsen Extend Contract - D.C. United
- Another Call-Up for Defender Aron Mkungilwa with Canada U17 - Montreal Impact
- Chivas USA Announces On-Sale Dates for Mini-Plans and Individual Tickets - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- FC Dallas and MLS Reach Agreement with Stoke City on Brek Shea Transfer - FC Dallas
- Seahawks and Sounders FC to Expand Retail Store at CenturyLink - Seattle Sounders FC
- Arrieta Earns International Call-Up for 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifying - Columbus Crew SC
- Whitecaps to Release Tickets for All 2013 Regular Season Home Matches - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire Sign Midfielder Brendan King - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Single Match Tickets to Go on Sale Monday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Crew Unveils 2013 Promotional Schedule - Columbus Crew SC
- Visa Presale Available for 2013 MLS All-Star Game - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.