Early Attack Dooms Titans In Elmira, Fall 8-1January 27, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Trenton Titans
Maxime Clermont - pulled after 16 minutes and just eight saves on 12 shots last meeting - was unbeatable with 37 saves, running his record to 10-7-2-1. Titans keeper Scott Wedgewood (13-14-2-1), playing in his eighth straight game, made 20 saves, but had to feel like the pucks were dodging him. All night he would be in good position, only to see a shot trickle through or hop away from his pads.
Bryan Haczyk provided the only offense for the Titans (17-20-3-3=40 points) midway into the first, taking a Mike Ullrich pass and going five-hole on Clermont from the right dot, cutting the deficit in half, 2-1.
But Trenton would get no closer, as Dustin Gazely turned a Titan turnover into a 3-1 lead just 1:36 after Haczyk's marker. The Jackals (22-15-2-2=48 points), would score the final six goals of the game from just about every angle and odd bounce.
Trenton's number one PK unit was the lone bright spot on the night, killing off three Elmira PP opportunities to run its Kill Percentage to 86.4 (159-of 184).
Trenton, proud ECHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, now takes its Travelling Stick Show to the friendly skies, for a three-game Florida swing with a pair against the Everblades (January 30 and February 1) and a first-ever visit to Orlando (February 2). All the action can be heard on 107.7 FM (Trenton area) and online at either 1077theBronc.com or AmericaOne.com. "The Bronc" Daryle Dobos, will once again call all the action.
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2013
- Reed, Riendeau help Thunder get last laugh in season series with win - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Fall To Bulls 3-2 In Overtime - Alaska Aces
- SF Bulls Stun Aces With 3-2 Overtime Win - San Francisco Bulls
- Early Attack Dooms Titans In Elmira, Fall 8-1 - Trenton Titans
- Stockton Edges Utah 2-1, Grizzlies Take 2 of 3 on Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Cruise Past Road Warriors 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones End a Pair of Streaks for Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Snap Road Warriors' Winning Ways - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Win Clash with Titans - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho captures wild OT win in Gwinnett - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads get past Gladiators 6-5 in Overtime - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Slam Nailers in Sunday Matinee, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Win 4-1 Over Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Comeback To Defeat K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays End Homestand with 5-2 Victory over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Orlando Closes Road Trip with 5-2 Loss to South Carolina - Orlando Solar Bears
- Boyd delivers yet again as Condors stun Kalamazoo in overtime, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Bulls Face Aces in Weekend Rubber Match - San Francisco Bulls
- ECHL Transactions - January 27 - ECHL
- Forward Matt Beca Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL announces fines, suspensions - ECHL
- Trenton Titans GameDay at Elmira - January 27; Game 43 (Away 20) - Trenton Titans
- Defensemen Mark Mitera and Patrick Wellar Return to Reading - Reading Royals
- Lee Assigned to Gwinnett from AHL Portland - Atlanta Gladiators
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings Vs Condors - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at South Carolina Stingrays - January 27 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Today - January 27 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Host Orlando on Kid's Day - South Carolina Stingrays
- SF Bulls Held off by Aces, 2-1 - San Francisco Bulls
- Aces Hang on to Edge Bulls 2-1 - Alaska Aces
- Reed ignites Teddy Bear Toss with goal before 8,026 fans in Stockton - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Tie Late; Beat Stockton in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.