Everblades Cruise Past Road Warriors 6-2January 27, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) Florida Everblades
It did not take long for the 'Blades to light the lamp on Sunday, as Florida converted on its first power play opportunity of the game. Matt Marquardt fed a rink wide pass to an open Matthew Pistilli at the left wing circle. Pistilli immediately hurled the puck into the net past Greenville Goaltender Nathan Lieuwen to give the 'Blades a 1-0 lead after the first period.
Marquardt recorded back-to-back power play goals in the first four minutes of the second period to extend the 'Blades lead to 3-0. The first of those goals came on 5-on-3 man advantage, as Marquardt hammered home a one-timer from the right wing circle past Lieuwen for the marker.
Marquardt's second goal came 52 second later, as he received the puck in the slot and snapped a shot into the back of the net to put the score at 3-0.
Greenville responded just 18 seconds later, as Jordy Johnston crashed the net, and picked up the puck in the crease and slid a backhand shot past Florida netminder Pat Nagle to put the Road Warriors on the board 3-1.
The Everblades reclaimed a three-goal edge 25 seconds later, as Leigh Salters ripped a wrist shot off the body of Lieuwen,. The puck dropped to the crease and rolled across the goaline to put game at 4-1. Salters' goal capped off a series of four-goals in a 95-second span.
Following the goal, a large scrum broke out during the celebration which resulted in a Greenville power play. The Road Warriors converted when Johnston scored his second of the night at 6:34 of the second. Brendan Connolly centered a feed to the top of the crease, and Johnston shoved the puck past Nagle for the goal to cut the Florida lead to two. With an assist on the goal, Connolly extended his point-scoring streak to nine games.
The Everblades had one more goal in them before the end of the second frame. Alex Hutchings delivered a saucer pass out in front of the Greenville net, which connected perfectly to the stick of Brayden Irwin who redirected the puck past Lieuwen for the goal. Irwin's 13th goal of the season propelled Florida to a 5-2 lead after two periods played.
In the third, Florida shutdown the Road Warriors, and kept them off the board. Corey Trivino knocked in a rebound from an Aaron Bogosian shot at 12:02 of the period to seal the 6-2 Everblades victory.
Pat Nagle turned aside 35 of 37 shots in the game to earn his tenth win of the season. Lieuwen takes the loss allowing six goals on 27 shots faced. After going 0-for-6 on the power play on Saturday, the 'Blades were 3-of-4 on Sunday.
Florida will now play host to the Trenton Titans on Wednesday at Germain Arena. Game time is a 7:30 p.m. Fans can enjoy $2 hot dogs, $2 drafts, and $2 wines in the concourse all night long. Wednesday is also College Night; Ladies get in free, and guys receive a $5 ticket when they present their college I.D. to the Capital Bank Box Office.
Ticket Information: The Capital Bank Box Office is open Monday thru Friday from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Fans may also call Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000, or order online at www.ticketmaster.com
Partial-season packages are still available, and start as low as $150 and offer a flexible option for fans. Group discounts are also available, and can save fans up $8 off per ticket from the normal box office price. For more information on all available packages, call the Everblades office at 239-948-7825.
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2013
- Reed, Riendeau help Thunder get last laugh in season series with win - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Fall To Bulls 3-2 In Overtime - Alaska Aces
- SF Bulls Stun Aces With 3-2 Overtime Win - San Francisco Bulls
- Early Attack Dooms Titans In Elmira, Fall 8-1 - Trenton Titans
- Stockton Edges Utah 2-1, Grizzlies Take 2 of 3 on Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Cruise Past Road Warriors 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones End a Pair of Streaks for Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Snap Road Warriors' Winning Ways - Greenville Road Warriors
- Jackals Win Clash with Titans - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho captures wild OT win in Gwinnett - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads get past Gladiators 6-5 in Overtime - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Cyclones Slam Nailers in Sunday Matinee, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Win 4-1 Over Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Comeback To Defeat K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays End Homestand with 5-2 Victory over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Orlando Closes Road Trip with 5-2 Loss to South Carolina - Orlando Solar Bears
- Boyd delivers yet again as Condors stun Kalamazoo in overtime, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Bulls Face Aces in Weekend Rubber Match - San Francisco Bulls
- ECHL Transactions - January 27 - ECHL
- Forward Matt Beca Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL announces fines, suspensions - ECHL
- Trenton Titans GameDay at Elmira - January 27; Game 43 (Away 20) - Trenton Titans
- Defensemen Mark Mitera and Patrick Wellar Return to Reading - Reading Royals
- Lee Assigned to Gwinnett from AHL Portland - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings Vs Condors - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at South Carolina Stingrays - January 27 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Today - January 27 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Host Orlando on Kid's Day - South Carolina Stingrays
- SF Bulls Held off by Aces, 2-1 - San Francisco Bulls
- Aces Hang on to Edge Bulls 2-1 - Alaska Aces
- Reed ignites Teddy Bear Toss with goal before 8,026 fans in Stockton - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Tie Late; Beat Stockton in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.