ECHL Today - January 27January 27, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL)
Watch Games Live on America One Sports, the "Official Broadband and Mobile Broadcaster" of the ECHL
Bakersfield Condors (12-29-4) at Kalamazoo Wings (19-19-4) 3 p.m. ET
- Bakersfield's Peter Boyd is on a four-game goal streak since Jan. 19 (4g).
- Kalamazoo's Sam Ftorek is tied for fifth among defensemen with 26 points (4g-22a).
- Condors are 10-0-1 when leading after two periods.
- K-Wings are league's second-least penalized team with 13.17 penalty minutes per game.
Orlando Solar Bears (19-21-4) at South Carolina Stingrays (21-22-4) 3:05 p.m. ET
- Orlando's Ryan Cruthers is on a four-game goal streak since Jan. 19 (4g).
- Tyler McNeely leads South Carolina against the Solar Bears with six points (2g-4a).
- Solar Bears are 12-0-1 when leading after two periods.
- Stingrays are sixth on the power play at home at 23.3 percent (20-for-86).
Cincinnati Cyclones (25-14-5) at Wheeling Nailers (20-14-8) 4 p.m. ET
- Cincinnati's Taylor Ellington is fourth among defensemen with 101 shots on goal.
- Paul Crowder leads Wheeling with 15 goals and 33 points.
- Cyclones are fourth on the penalty kill at 84.7 percent (149-for-176).
- Nailers are 16-3-4 when scoring first.
Las Vegas Wranglers (18-18-5) at Reading Royals (29-10-4) 4:05 p.m. ET
- Las Vegas' Joe Fallon is seventh with a 2.41 goals-against average.
- Reading's Adam Comrie leads defensemen with 31 points (16g-15a).
- Wranglers are sixth with 32.00 shots per game.
- Royals are 8-1-2 when outshot by their opponent.
Trenton Titans (17-19-6) at Elmira Jackals (21-17-4) 4:05 p.m. ET
- Stephen Schultz leads Trenton against the Jackals with 10 points (3g-7a).
- Elmira's Dustin Gazley is tied for fifth with 33 assists.
- Titans are 13-3-3 when scoring first.
- Jackals are 10-4-4 in one-goal games.
Idaho Steelheads (26-11-5) at Gwinnett Gladiators (27-17-2) 4:05 p.m. ET
- Idaho's Austin Fyten is tied for first among rookies with 38 points (13g-25a).
- Gwinnett's Doug Jones is second with 167 shots on goal.
- Steelheads are second with 50 first-period goals.
- Gladiators are fifth with 27.00 shots-against per game.
Greenville Road Warriors (27-14-4) at Florida Everblades (20-15-7) 5 p.m. ET
- Greenville's Brendan Connolly is on an eight-game point streak since Jan. 5 (7g-6a).
- Matthew Pistilli leads Florida against the Road Warriors with four goals.
- Road Warriors are 20-6-3 against South Division opponents.
- Everblades are 13-0-1 when leading after two periods.
Evansville IceMen (16-25-4) at Toledo Walleye (22-17-4) 5:05 p.m. ET
- Nathan Moon leads Evansville against the Walleye with eight points (5g-3a).
- Toledo's Willie Coetzee leads the league with 174 shots on goal.
- IceMen are 14-2-3 when leading after two periods.
- Walleye are first with 33.19 shots per game.
Utah Grizzlies (17-18-5) at Stockton Thunder (21-16-8) 4 p.m. PT
- Utah's Colin Vock (2g-6a) and Mark Isherwood (1g-6a) are both on five-game point streaks since Jan. 18.
- Stockton's Justin Maylan is tied for fourth among rookies with 35 points (16g-19a).
- Grizzlies are first on the power play on the road at 23.3 percent (24-for-103).
- Thunder are 16-3-5 when scoring first.
San Francisco Bulls (16-21-5) at Alaska Aces (32-11-2) 3:05 p.m. AKT
- Jordan Morrison leads San Francisco against the Aces with four points (0g-4a).
- Alaska's Nick Mazzolini is second with eight game-winning goals.
- Bulls are 4-0-0 when outshooting their opponent on the road.
- Aces are second on the penalty kill at 85.6 percent (167-for-195).
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2013
- Reed, Riendeau help Thunder get last laugh in season series with win - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Fall To Bulls 3-2 In Overtime - Alaska Aces
- SF Bulls Stun Aces With 3-2 Overtime Win - San Francisco Bulls
- Early Attack Dooms Titans In Elmira, Fall 8-1 - Trenton Titans
- Stockton Edges Utah 2-1, Grizzlies Take 2 of 3 on Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Cruise Past Road Warriors 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones End a Pair of Streaks for Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Snap Road Warriors' Winning Ways - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Win Clash with Titans - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho captures wild OT win in Gwinnett - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads get past Gladiators 6-5 in Overtime - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Cyclones Slam Nailers in Sunday Matinee, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Win 4-1 Over Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Comeback To Defeat K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays End Homestand with 5-2 Victory over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Orlando Closes Road Trip with 5-2 Loss to South Carolina - Orlando Solar Bears
- Boyd delivers yet again as Condors stun Kalamazoo in overtime, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Bulls Face Aces in Weekend Rubber Match - San Francisco Bulls
- ECHL Transactions - January 27 - ECHL
- Forward Matt Beca Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL announces fines, suspensions - ECHL
- Trenton Titans GameDay at Elmira - January 27; Game 43 (Away 20) - Trenton Titans
- Defensemen Mark Mitera and Patrick Wellar Return to Reading - Reading Royals
- Lee Assigned to Gwinnett from AHL Portland - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings Vs Condors - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at South Carolina Stingrays - January 27 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Today - January 27 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Host Orlando on Kid's Day - South Carolina Stingrays
- SF Bulls Held off by Aces, 2-1 - San Francisco Bulls
- Aces Hang on to Edge Bulls 2-1 - Alaska Aces
- Reed ignites Teddy Bear Toss with goal before 8,026 fans in Stockton - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Tie Late; Beat Stockton in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.