Grizzlies Tie Late; Beat Stockton in OvertimeJanuary 27, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Utah Grizzlies
Mark Isherwood buried a power-play shot from the slot as Utah patiently played tic-tac-toe and found the perfect angle 2:26 into overtime. Colin Vock and Bryan Cameron picked up assists on the play with Mitch Wahl and Nick Tuzzolino also on the ice.
Following a timeout with under 50 seconds left, Utah Head Coach Kevin Colley drew up a play that ultimately tied the game as Utah played six-on-five with no goaltender. Isherwood and Tuzzolino worked the puck to Mitch Wahl who blasted in his second goal of the game and 14th of the year through traffic from on top of the right circle. That tied the game at three after Stockton hammered in a rebound halfway through the third period to take a 3-2 lead.
Utah trailed 2-0 going to the second period after Stockton scored a pair of power-play goals early on. Wahl made it 2-1 50 seconds into the second period on a five-on-three power-play goal as Cameron and Tuzzolino drew assists to start their multiple-point nights.
In a 2-2 second period, Utah killed three-straight minutes shorthanded in which they got through 1:36 down five-on-three. As the shorthanded situation ended, Vock pushed the puck away and drew a penalty-shot as he was taken down on a breakaway. Vock's penalty-shot was successful as he tied the game at 2 going backhand on Stockton goaltender Cody Reichard for his 11th goal of the year.
Shane Owen stopped 27 of 30 shots in goal for Utah to earn the victory.
Utah continues their season-long seven-game road trip Sunday at 5 p.m. from Stockton.
The Grizzlies are back home Friday, February 9 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, February 10 at 4 p.m. to host Idaho.
ECHL Stories from January 27, 2013
- Reed, Riendeau help Thunder get last laugh in season series with win - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Fall To Bulls 3-2 In Overtime - Alaska Aces
- SF Bulls Stun Aces With 3-2 Overtime Win - San Francisco Bulls
- Early Attack Dooms Titans In Elmira, Fall 8-1 - Trenton Titans
- Stockton Edges Utah 2-1, Grizzlies Take 2 of 3 on Weekend - Utah Grizzlies
- Everblades Cruise Past Road Warriors 6-2 - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones End a Pair of Streaks for Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Everblades Snap Road Warriors' Winning Ways - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Win Clash with Titans - Elmira Jackals
- Idaho captures wild OT win in Gwinnett - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads get past Gladiators 6-5 in Overtime - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Cyclones Slam Nailers in Sunday Matinee, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Royals Win 4-1 Over Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Comeback To Defeat K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays End Homestand with 5-2 Victory over Solar Bears - South Carolina Stingrays
- Orlando Closes Road Trip with 5-2 Loss to South Carolina - Orlando Solar Bears
- Boyd delivers yet again as Condors stun Kalamazoo in overtime, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Utah Grizzlies - Stockton Thunder
- Bulls Face Aces in Weekend Rubber Match - San Francisco Bulls
- ECHL Transactions - January 27 - ECHL
- Forward Matt Beca Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL announces fines, suspensions - ECHL
- Trenton Titans GameDay at Elmira - January 27; Game 43 (Away 20) - Trenton Titans
- Defensemen Mark Mitera and Patrick Wellar Return to Reading - Reading Royals
- Lee Assigned to Gwinnett from AHL Portland - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings Vs Condors - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Game Preview - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati at Wheeling - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at South Carolina Stingrays - January 27 - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Today - January 27 - ECHL
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Host Orlando on Kid's Day - South Carolina Stingrays
- SF Bulls Held off by Aces, 2-1 - San Francisco Bulls
- Aces Hang on to Edge Bulls 2-1 - Alaska Aces
- Reed ignites Teddy Bear Toss with goal before 8,026 fans in Stockton - Stockton Thunder
- Grizzlies Tie Late; Beat Stockton in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.