Knighthawks Fall Late To RockJanuary 26, 2013 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) - Rochester Knighthawks
Rochester was led by Cody Jamieson, who had three goals and two assists. His second point of the game was the 150th of his pro career. He led a Rochester first-half comeback that erased a three-goal deficit. With the game tied at six after two quarters, Kasey Beirnes netted his second of the game to give the Rock a slim 7-6 lead in the third.
Garrett Billings (2+4) extended the lead to 8-6 with a power-play to start the fourth only to have Cory Vitarelli scored a behind-the-back goal at 2:08 to get Rochester within one. Midway through the fourth, Sanderson went to work scoring back-to-back goals to give Toronto a 10-7 lead. Goalie Nick Rose did the rest, stopping 41 shots and assisting on an empty-net goal by Cam Woods.
With the victory, Toronto moved into sole possession of first place in the East with a 4-1 record, while Rochester fell to 0-3 with the loss.
The Knighthawks will host the Washington Stealth on Saturday, February 2nd at 8:00 p.m.
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 26, 2013
- Stealth Fall Short to Minnesota on Road, Maintain Lead in NLL West - Washington Stealth
- Minnesota Swarm Expose Steatlh, Win Home Opener 15-14 - Minnesota Swarm
- Knighthawks Fall Late To Rock - Rochester Knighthawks
- Philadelphia Wings Drop First Game of Season, 14-13 - Philadelphia Wings
- Rock Continue Winning Ways Away from Home - Toronto Rock
- Knighthawks Will Try To Turn Fortunes Around Tonight - Rochester Knighthawks
- Third NLL win puts Stealth "back in groove" with defeat of Edmonton - Washington Stealth
- Mammoth Falls to Roughnecks on Home Turf - Colorado Mammoth
- Roughnecks Defeat Mammoth 19-12 - Calgary Roughnecks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.