Arcobello named starter for 2013 AHL All Star ClassicJanuary 26, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Oklahoma City Barons
Arcobello, a 5-9, 165-pounder from Milford, Conn. has appeared in 40 games with the Barons this season, scoring 33 points (11-22-33). He is one of seven players that have played in each of the three seasons the Barons have played in the AHL. In 139 games with Oklahoma City over those three seasons, he has 98 points (39-59-98). As a pro, he has played in 171 games between Oklahoma City and the Stockton Thunder of the ECHL and scored 119 points (46-73-119).
Arcobello is no stranger to All Star Games. As a member of the Stockton Thunder, he recorded a hat trick and was named Most Valuable Player of the 2011 ECHL All Star Game in Bakersfield, Calif.
The 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All Star Classic is Monday, January 28 in Providence, Rhode Island at 6 p.m. (ct). The game will be aired on NESN and other local cable networks across the country, including FoxSports Southwest.
Of the 597 players to take part in the AHL All-Star Classic since the event was reinstated in 1995, nearly 93 percent have competed in the National Hockey League, including Patrice Bergeron, Daniel Briere, Dustin Brown, Ryan Callahan, Mike Cammalleri, Zdeno Chara, Miikka Kiprusoff, Ryan Miller, Zach Parise, Tuukka Rask, Pekka Rinne, Bobby Ryan, Martin St. Louis, Cory Schneider, Jason Spezza and Eric Staal.
The Barons skate in three road games next week, beginning in Grand Rapids on Wednesday, January 23 at 6 p.m. Friday, Oklahoma City makes its final appearance in Milwaukee at 7 p.m. The weekend concludes with the team's first game against the Rockford IceHogs at 7 p.m. All three games can be heard on the Barons flagship station, 96.1 KXY.
A variety of ticket packages are available to meet every individual or group need. Packages ranging from 7-game and 11-game packs to Full Season Seats are available. Call the Barons' front office at 405-232-4625 for information on group outings, Season Seats and other ticket packages.
NOTE: Bridgeport Sound Tigers defenseman Matt Donovan was named a starter for the Eastern Conference All Star team. Last season, the 22-year-old Donovan became the first player born, raised and trained in Oklahoma to appear in a National Hockey League game when he played three games with the New York Islanders. This season, he has appeared in 40 games and scored 20 points (6-14-20) with the Sound Tigers, the AHL affiliate of the Islanders.
American Hockey League Stories from January 26, 2013
- Comeback Ends in OT Loss to Milwaukee - Peoria Rivermen
- Comeback Ends in OT Loss to Milwaukee - Peoria Rivermen
- Canadiens Recall Blunden from Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rockford Drops Teeter-Totter Tilt - Rockford IceHogs
- Win Streak Ends with Nine-Round Shootout Loss - Lake Erie Monsters
- Houston Wins Second Straight at a Sold-Out Van Andel Arena - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Take Down IceCaps 6-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Top Peoria 3-2 in OT - Milwaukee Admirals
- Admirals Shut Down Sound Tigers for Third Straight Win - Norfolk Admirals
- Sellout Crowd Sees Texas Roll Past San Antonio 4-1 - Texas Stars
- Rampage Fall at Texas Stars, 4-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Bulldogs Edge Monsters 2-1 in a Shootout - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Whale Stay Hot in Return Home - Connecticut Whale
- B-Sens Bring Down Bears in Shootout, 3-2 - Binghamton Senators
- Monarchs All-Star Struck - Manchester Monarchs
- Syracuse Drops St. John's 6-3 - St. John's IceCaps
- Kuemper Leads Aeros over Griffins 1-0 - Houston Aeros
- Biggest Crowd of Season Watch Sharks Battle for Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss - Worcester Sharks
- Falcons One-Upped By Whale - Springfield Falcons
- Bears Fall in Shootout at Binghamton - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Shut out by Admirals 5-0 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Busy Stretch of Games Concludes - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bruins Bite Sharks in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Marlies Fall to Penguins in Front of Sold out Ricoh Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Penguins Enter Break with Win over Marlies - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Texas Stars Game Versus San Antonio Sold Out - Texas Stars
- Eddy & Estoclet Sent to Utah Grizzlies - Abbotsford Heat
- Big Crowd, Big Win - Albany Devils
- Cody Beach Reassigned to Evansville - Peoria Rivermen
- Heat Winning Streak Halted by Checkers at Five - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Recall from Loan Forward David Pacan - San Antonio Rampage
- Checkers Get Even with Heat - Charlotte Checkers
- Bears Recall Defenseman Patrick Wellar from Royals - Hershey Bears
- Hogs and Barons Tonight, Lang Released - Rockford IceHogs
- Bruins Faithful Vote Svedberg as Eastern Conference Starter - Providence Bruins
- Ottawa's Team 1200 Continues B-Sens Broadcast Coverage - Binghamton Senators
- Agozzino Named AHL All-Star Game Starter - Lake Erie Monsters
- Houston Aeros Send Defenseman Chris Reed To Cincinnati - Houston Aeros
- Starting lineups announced for 2013 AHL All-Star Game - AHL
- Arcobello named starter for 2013 AHL All Star Classic - Oklahoma City Barons
- Fans Vote Audy-Marchessault, Erixon As All-Star Starters - Springfield Falcons
- Niederreiter & Donovan Voted Into All-Star Game Starting Lineup - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Dallas Recalls Colton Sceviour to NHL - Texas Stars
- IceCaps agree to terms with Kael Mouillierat - St. John's IceCaps
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Connecticut, Game #42 - Springfield Falcons
- Rangers Recall Forward Benn Ferriero From Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Admirals Break Out of Slump in 8-2 Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Claim 2-1 Overtime Win Over Texas - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.