Corey Ashe, Omar Cummings Undergo SurgeryJanuary 25, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Houston Dynamo
Ashe had surgery to address minor chronic irritation in his left knee. Cummings had surgery to address a right knee injury that was aggravated in training this week. The injury was originally sustained in a recent training stint with the Jamaican national team.
"It was the medical staff's opinion that Corey and Omar should elect to undergo these minor procedures right now to avoid potential problems during the season," said Dynamo Head Athletic Trainer Theron Enns. "The surgeries went according to plan, and we expect a full recovery for both with the goal of having them ready for opening day."
Both procedures were performed at Methodist Hospital by Dynamo team physician Dr. Kaare Kolstad. Approximate recovery time for both players is expected to be four to six weeks.
Major League Soccer Stories from January 25, 2013
- Basic objectives met in preseason opener vs. SKC - New England Revolution
- AEG President and CEO Tim Leiweke named 2012 Sports Executive of the Year - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Revs open up 2013 preseason schedule with scoreless draw - New England Revolution
- Chicago Fire Loan Alvaro Fernandez to Al Rayyan - Chicago Fire
- Corey Ashe, Omar Cummings Undergo Surgery - Houston Dynamo
- Galaxy midfielder Michael Stephens aiming for a starting role in 2013 - Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Jose Earthquakes Sign Defenders Gargan, Harden - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revs Sign Forward Matt Horth - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Releases Long Tan - D.C. United
- Galaxy announce local television broadcast schedules - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Rapids sign midfielder Nick LaBrocca - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew Receives Multiple Club Honors - Columbus Crew
- D.C. United acquires Casey Townsend from Chivas USA - D.C. United
- Chivas USA trades forward Casey Townsend - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Defender Martin Bonjour Moves On - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Rapids acquire forward Charles Eloundou in MLS lottery - Colorado Rapids
- Dynamo, Liberman Broadcasting agree to multiyear broadcast partnership extension - Houston Dynamo
- Individual tickets for first two home games on sale tomorrow at BBVA Compass Stadium - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United signs Indonesian midfielder Syamsir Alam on loan - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.