Knighthawks Take Anti-Bullying Message To GenevaJanuary 25, 2013 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) - Rochester Knighthawks
The Knighthawks players will provide students at the afterschool program with the signs of bullying and how to handle bullying situations. The players will encourage kids, ranging from kindergarten to fifth grade, to sign an anti-bullying banner that will hang in the YMCA located on Williams Street. It is estimated that about 30 percent of students in sixth through 10th grade in the United States are involved in bullying on a regular basis.
The appearance is the third anti-bullying event of the season by the defending NLL Champions. Cosgrove Middle School in Spencerport helped the Knighthawks launch the program, which was created by Ann Marie Leonardi of Hurricanes Lacrosse. Last season, the Knighthawks signed an anti-bullying pledge to kick off their 2012 season. The "We Got Your Back" program was supported by the players and the entire staff.
The Knighthawks next anti-bullying event is scheduled for Tuesday, February 5th at Oliver Middle School in Brockport.
To learn more about the Knighthawks' anti-bullying program, go to www.knighthawks.net/antibullying.
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 25, 2013
- Swarm Come Up Short in Toronto 13-12 - Minnesota Swarm
- Rock Post Comeback Win - Toronto Rock
- Swarm Celebrating Its Fourth Annual Native American Heritage Night This Saturday - Minnesota Swarm
- Knighthawks Take Anti-Bullying Message To Geneva - Rochester Knighthawks
- Jersey Auction for UAR Kicks off Saturday - Rochester Knighthawks
- Go 'Freezin' for a Reason' with Mammoth Team in Special Olympics Polar Plunge - Colorado Mammoth
- Rush vs Stealth Tonight at Crystal Glass Field - Edmonton Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.