Danton Assigned to IceMenJanuary 23, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) Springfield Falcons
Dainton, who was recalled by Springfield from Evansville on Jan. 12, is 3-3-1 with the Falcons this season, posting a .942 save percentage and a 1.82 goals-against average. He stopped 35 of 36 shots in a 2-1 shootout victory over the Albany Devils on Saturday, and followed that performance up with a 28-save outing in a 4-1 win over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Sunday. Dainton is 2-5-1 with a .888 save percentage and a 3.36 goals-against average with Evansville in 2012-2013.
As a rookie in 2011-2012, Dainton played in 28 games with the Falcons, registering a 13-12-1 record, an .893 save percentage, and a 3.11 goals-against average. Dainton was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Feb. 26, winning all three starts while collecting a shutout. The 26-year-old from Bradford, Ontario played in 21 games with the ECHL's Chicago Express and Reading Royals last year as well, combining for a 7-5-3 record with a .905 save percentage and a 3.21-goals-against average. He made his professional debut with Springfield at the end of the 2010-2011 campaign, going 2-2-0 in five outings with a .912 save percentage and a 2.63 goals-against average.
Prior to turning pro, Dainton skated four seasons from 2007 to 2011 at UMass-Amherst (NCAA, D-I), compiling a 45-61-12 record, a.908 save percentage, a 2.79 goals-against average, and two shutouts in his collegiate career.
The Falcons seek their third six-game winning streak in franchise history tonight when they head to Albany to battle the Devils.
Springfield returns home on Friday to host the Worcester Sharks at 7:00 p.m. at the MassMutual Center. The first 1,000 fans into the building 12 and under will receive a youth specialty Falcons jersey, courtesy of Columbia Gas of Massachusetts. Fans in attendance on Friday will also have the opportunity to win a brand new, high-definition television courtesy of Manny's TV & Appliances as part of "Flat-Screen Friday."
The Falcons end their weekend in Connecticut on Saturday against the Whale at the XL Center.
Single-game tickets to see the Falcons in 2012-2013 can be purchased at the MassMutual Center Box Office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. through game time on Saturday home dates, and starting four hours prior to Sunday home contests. Fans can also purchase tickets by logging onto Ticketmaster.com. For information about discounted group packages to Falcons home games, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625).
American Hockey League Stories from January 23, 2013
- Knuble Makes Griffins Debut in 5-4 Shootout Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Comeback in Connecticut - Adirondack Phantoms
- Monarchs Stay Hot in Cold Weather - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Extend Winning Streak To Six, Dispatch Devils - Springfield Falcons
- Whale Return Home with Overtime Victory - Connecticut Whale
- Strong Defense, Spread-Out Attack and Special Teams Lead Admirals to Victory Over Charlotte - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros Pick Up Road Win In Milwaukee, Sink Admirals 3-2 - Houston Aeros
- Penguins Win Fifth Straight With Shutout of IceCaps - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils Downed by Falcons - Albany Devils
- Checkers Suffer First Loss to Norfolk - Charlotte Checkers
- Penguins shut out IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bruins Fall to Monarchs - Providence Bruins
- Flames Assign Roman Horak to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Simpson Reassigned To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Jamie Tardif Added to All-Star Roster - Providence Bruins
- Frattin Added To All-Star Roster - Toronto Marlies
- Dumont Added to AHL All-Star Classic - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Meech added to AHL All-Star roster - St. John's IceCaps
- Brad Hunt Replaces Brett Sterling on AHL All-Star Team - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch defenseman Radko Gudas added to 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic roster - Syracuse Crunch
- Emerson Etem Named to AHL Star Squad - Norfolk Admirals
- Roster changes announced for 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Griffins Sign Spady to Tryout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Tom Kostopoulos Signs PTO with Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Canadiens Assign Blunden To Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Jake Allen Schools Wolves 2-0 - Peoria Rivermen
- Wolves wrap up first half on wrong side of whitewash - Chicago Wolves
- Hogs Raise $22,875 For Breast Cancer Research - Rockford IceHogs
- B-Sens Present Star Wars Night, Dollars For Scholars And More This Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Bulldogs Release Mike Commodore from PTO - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Albany, Game #40 - Springfield Falcons
- Couture Returning To Ontario Reign - Houston Aeros
- Danton Assigned to IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Sign Mark Eaton to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Weekly - 2nd Half Begins - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.