Sporting KC Introduces Ivy Funds as Club's First-Ever Jersey SponsorJanuary 17, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Sporting Kansas City
The Ivy Funds logo will be prominently displayed on the front of all team jerseys at the start of the 2013 MLS season, including Sporting Kansas City's new 2013 home uniform that will launch on Feb. 27. Fans may access a special pre-sale for home and away jerseys at shop.sportingkc.com beginning on Friday, Jan. 18 to be among the first to order the team's newest gear.
"They offer us everything we wanted, with the key attribute being local," said Sporting Club CEO Robb Heineman. "Local was always the thing that was going to be most important to us in a jersey sponsor and then innovation. Ivy Funds has proven that they're an innovator in their field. We wanted something that connected to our community in a large way and that's exactly what this relationship is going to allow us to do."
The partnership aligns two companies based in Kansas City that have brands and business models that are national in scope. The multi-faceted and fully integrated corporate sponsorship also provides Ivy Funds with naming rights to the Executive Suite level at Sporting Park, entertainment at the stadium for clients and employees, as well as engagement opportunities with Sporting KC players for charitable efforts and appearances.
"Sporting Club is an exemplary franchise on and off the field, and we look forward to growing with them as soccer rapidly cements its place among professional sports in the United States, as it already has globally," said Thomas Butch, CEO and President of Ivy Funds Distributor, Inc. "With its visionary management, world-class venue and talented, accessible players and coaches, Sporting Kansas City provides a great partner to further extend the Ivy Funds brand throughout the United States and abroad. We look forward to a broad-based, constructive partnership."
Ivy Funds Distributor, Inc. became an affiliate of Kansas City-based Waddell & Reed in 2003 and has grown to be one of the fastest growing mutual fund families in the country over the last 10 years. Ivy Funds offers a broad mutual fund lineup and has ranked among the top performing fund families over a five-year period in Barron's "Best Mutual Fund Families" each of the last two years.
Ivy Funds' parent Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc., is a publicly traded investment management and financial planning company (NYSE:WDR). Originally founded in Kansas City in 1937, Waddell & Reed had $95 billion in assets under management at Sept. 30, 2012.
"It is gratifying that Ivy Funds' growth and recognition in the marketplace has enabled so ambitious a partnership with so outstanding a partner," said Henry J. Herrmann, Chairman and CEO of Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc., Ivy Funds' parent company, which has been based in Kansas City since its origin in 1937. "We believe our relationship with Sporting Club will enhance the already strong brand recognition of Ivy Funds and Waddell & Reed among all of our stakeholders."
Ivy Funds' sports sponsorship presence has been showcased at Sporting Park and Kauffman Stadium, and the company also serves as the lead sponsor of the Waddell & Reed Kansas City Marathon, with Ivy Funds since 2005.
Major League Soccer Stories from January 17, 2013
- Second-Round Picks Focus on Attack, Goalkeeping - New England Revolution
- MLS Announces 2012 Club and Executive Award Winners - MLS
- Farrell Humbled to be Top Pick, Eager for Next Step - New England Revolution
- Union Select Don Anding and Stephen Okai in 2013 MLS SuperDraft - Philadelphia Union
- Crew Selects Two Players at 2013 MLS SuperDraft in Indianapolis - Columbus Crew
- Sounders FC Selects Two Players in 2013 MLS SuperDraft - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting KC Selects MF Mikey Lopez in MLS SuperDraft - Sporting Kansas City
- Timbers Select Dylan Tucker-Gangnes in 2013 MLS SuperDraft - Portland Timbers
- Impact Selects Four Players at 2013 MLS SuperDraft - Montreal Impact
- Dynamo Select Jason Johnson and Jimmy Nealis in 2013 MLS SuperDraft - Houston Dynamo
- Toronto FC Select Emery Welshman After a Pair of Deals - Toronto FC
- LA Galaxy Make Three Selections in the 2013 MLS SuperDraft - Los Angeles Galaxy
- New England Revolution Select Andrew Farrell with First Overall Selection in 2013 MLS SuperDraft - MLS
- Real Salt Lake Selects Two Players in 2013 MLS SuperDraft - Real Salt Lake
- Revs Select Four at 2013 MLS SuperDraft - New England Revolution
- Tickets for D.C. United's Home Opener to Go on Sale Saturday - D.C. United
- FC Dallas Picks up Two Players in 2013 MLS SuperDraft - FC Dallas
- Colorado Rapids Select Three in 2013 MLS SuperDraft - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire Select Yazid Atouba Emane in Second Round of 2013 MLS SuperDraft - Chicago Fire
- San Jose Earthquakes Add Muller, Delgado in MLS SuperDraft - San Jose Earthquakes
- Whitecaps FC Select Striker/Wingers Manneh and Hurtado in 2013 MLS SuperDraft - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Red Bulls Select Midfielder Ian Christianson in 2013 MLS SuperDraft Second Round - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Selects Maryland Defender Taylor Kemp with 17th Overall Pick in 2013 MLS SuperDraft - D.C. United
- Chivas USA Selects Midfielder Carlos Alvarez with Second-Overall Pick in 2013 MLS SuperDraft - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sporting KC Introduces Ivy Funds as Club's First-Ever Jersey Sponsor - Sporting Kansas City
- Toronto FC Select Kyle Bekker with Third Overall Pick in 2013 MLS SuperDraft - Toronto FC
- Revs Draft Andrew Farrell with #1 Pick in MLS SuperDraft - New England Revolution
- Updated Selection Order Now Available for 2013 MLS SuperDraft - MLS
- Real Salt Lake Re-Signs Javier Morales - Real Salt Lake
- Rapids Sign Chilean Winger Kevin Harbottle - Colorado Rapids
- San Jose Earthquakes Acquire F Mike Fucito from Portland Timbers - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Acquire Second-Round Pick in 2013 MLS SuperDraft from San Jose - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.