VooDoo Picks up Former Saint Larry BeaversJanuary 16, 2013 - Arena Football League (AFL) New Orleans VooDoo
In 2009, Beavers (5-11, 180, Wesley) first entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent signed by the Carolina Panthers before being waived at the conclusion of the preseason. In 2012, he was signed by the New Orleans Saints as a free agent. Beavers is known for his 97-yard kickoff return for a touchdown in the third quarter of the New Orleans Saints' 27-24 loss to the New England Patriots.
A true speed-merchant, Beavers holds the NCAA all-division record for kick return touchdowns with ten and total return touchdowns with 13. He totaled 41 career collegiate touchdowns and 5,373 all-purpose yards for Division III Wesley College. Beavers was a D-III All-American as a senior after posting a 39.5-yard average on kickoff returns and 29 yards on punt returns for 14 all-purpose touchdowns.
The AFL rookie was a three-sport all-state performer in high school at Annapolis (Md.) High School, excelling in football, baseball and track.
"Larry has tremendous speed, and we are looking forward to him being a threat in the return game." said VooDoo Head Coach Pat O'Hara. "He was previously with the Saints, and we are excited to see what skills he has to offer during training camp."
Arena Football League Stories from January 16, 2013
- AFL to Debut New Logo, Website - AFL
- Sharks Add Veteran Jerry Turner to D-Line - Jacksonville Sharks
- Gladiators Announce Promotional Schedule - Cleveland Gladiators
- VooDoo Picks up Former Saint Larry Beavers - New Orleans VooDoo
- Storm To Host Open Tryout Saturday, January 26 - Tampa Bay Storm
- Papale, Maclin, Thomas to Attend Soul Open Tryout this Saturday - Philadelphia Soul
- Star AFL Receiver Has Olympic Dreams - Utah Blaze
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.