Blue Jays Sign OF Adam Loewen to Minor League DealJanuary 14, 2013 - International League (IL) - Buffalo Bisons Press Release
Loewen, 28, played 59 games with the Bisons last season and hit .227 (47-207) with 10 doubles, eight home runs and 26RBI. The outfielder hit two home runs and drove in a Bisons' season-high six runs on April 15 against Pawtucket. A member of the Bisons 2012 Opening Day Roster, Loewen missed 61 games of the season with a stress fracture in his right foot.
Loewen spent the 2009-2011 seasons in the Blue Jays organization converting to a position player from a pitcher. In 2011 with Triple-A Las Vegas, the lefty hit .306 with 67 extra-base hits.
International League Stories from January 14, 2013
- Knights Comment to the End of Baseball Lawsuits - Charlotte Knights
- Blue Jays Sign OF Adam Loewen to Minor League Deal - Buffalo Bisons
- Knights Bolster Front Office Staff - Charlotte Knights
- RailRiders & Bold Gold Announce Five-Year Radio Deal - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Clint Hurdle Headlines Annual Hot Stove Luncheon - Indianapolis Indians
- Syracuse Chiefs Announce New Fireworks Ticket Package - Syracuse Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.