Arizona Falls to Denver, 2-1 LossJanuary 12, 2013 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - Arizona Sundogs
The Cutthroats tallied two goals in the opening frame when Luke Fulghum chipped the puck past Arizona's netminder David Brown, just 1:54 in. Fulghum's goal would prove to be the gaming when goal early in the match. Adam Smyth and Mike Towns dropped gloves early in the first period and were both assessed five minutes for roughing. Less than four minutes later AJ Gale scored again for Denver with assist from Brad Smyth.
Chad Nehring picked up Arizona's only goal of the game 12 minutes into the second period. Zack Firlotte and Derek LeBlanc were credited with assists.
Arizona led shots on goal 51-28. Brown took the loss for the Sundogs blocking 26 shots in 60 minutes. Arizona was 0-3 on the power play tonight and Denver was 0-1. Nehring and LeBlanc both continued their point streak. The Sundogs host the Allen Americans next week Friday and Saturday at Tim's Toyota Center.
The Arizona Sundogs are the Central Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Phoenix Coyotes. Season tickets, mini-plan, and single-game ticket information is now available by calling (928) 759-6600 or visiting arizonasundogs.com.
Central Hockey League Stories from January 12, 2013
- Boron Backstops Rush to Weekend Sweep of Thunder - Rapid City Rush
- Dunn Denies Oilers in 4-2 Blaze Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Arizona Falls to Denver, 2-1 Loss - Arizona Sundogs
- Rapid City Defeats Thunder 3-1 to End Road Trip - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Finish Home Stand with 4-3 Win over Quad City - Missouri Mavericks
- Blaze Stay Unbeaten against Tulsa - Bloomington Blaze
- Missouri Edges Mallards 4-3 - Quad City Mallards
- Brahmas End Americans' Seven Game Win Streak 4-3 - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.