Worcester Signs Patrick Rissmiller and Michael WilsonJanuary 9, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Worcester Sharks Press Release
Rissmiller, a 34-year-old Belmont, MA native and Holy Cross alum has played 523 AHL games for Cleveland, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Chicago, Lake Erie, and Rochester where he accumulated 352 points (125-227-352). He has also played 192 games in the NHL with San Jose, New York Rangers, Atlanta, and Florida recording 46 points (18-28-46) and 60 penalty minutes. The 6-foot-4, 220lb forward had his best NHL season with the San Jose Sharks in 2006-07 as he amassed 22 points (7-15-22) in 79 games. He played four seasons under coach Roy Sommer in Cleveland.
Rissmiller practiced with the Worcester Sharks today (Jan 9) and wear #28.
Wilson, a 25-year-old North Vancouver, BC native returns to the Sharks blue line where he spent two seasons for the Sharks through 2008-10 recording 20 points (6-14-20) in 85 games. The 6-foot-1, 190 lbs defenseman has played 36 games with the Orlando Solar Bears (ECHL) this season where he recorded 23 points (2-21-23) and 28 penalty minutes.
Wilson practiced with the Worcester Sharks today (Jan 9) and will wear #36.
The Sharks return home to host the Northeast Division leaders the Springfield Falcons on $2-$2-$-2 Fridays with a 7:30pm start at the DCU Center!
Worcester will head to Albany on Saturday to square off against the Devils at 5pm.
The 5th annual High School Hockey Clash between the Hudson Hawks and the Marlboro Panthers will take place on Sunday, January 13 at 12pm before the Sharks host the Portland Pirates at 3pm. Doors open at 11:30am with one ticket to get you entry into both games! As always, kid's tickets are just $5 with the purchase of an adult ticket.
American Hockey League Stories from January 9, 2013
- Sheahan's Two Goals Push Griffins Past IceHogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Fall to Crunch in First Home Game of 2013 - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Fall Short against Senators - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- B-Sens Defeat Pens, 3-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Crunch Best Amerks 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- IceCaps Recall Carrozzi; Sign Lunden & Petiot to PTO's - St. John's IceCaps
- Stars Weekly (week 14) - Texas Rides Three-Game Win Streak To Open 2013 - Texas Stars
- Falcons Announce Partnership With Link To Libraries - Springfield Falcons
- Whale Sign Shayne Wiebe to AHL Contract - Connecticut Whale
- IceCaps Recall Carrozzi; Sign Lunden and Petiot to PTOs - St. John's IceCaps
- P-Bruins Announce Roster Moves - Providence Bruins
- Houston Aeros Sign NHL Veteran Defenseman Paul Mara - Houston Aeros
- Regan Smith To Headline Race Night - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Announce Details of Tully's Good Times Air Hockey Tournament - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Sign LoVerde - Manchester Monarchs
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Worcester Signs Patrick Rissmiller and Michael Wilson - Worcester Sharks
- Hogs Host Griffs at BMO Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Combs and Costello Agree to Terms on AHL Deals - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Announce Details of Molson Canadian/Miller Lite Celebrity Bartending Series - Syracuse Crunch
- Cooper, Daniels Added to AHL All-Star Coaching Staff - Providence Bruins
- Rivermen Take You Can Play Pledge - Peoria Rivermen
- Marlies Sign Syvret to PTO - Toronto Marlies
- Syracuse Head Coach Jon Cooper Selected to Join 2013 AHL All-Star Classic Coaching Staff - Syracuse Crunch
- Jon Cooper, Jeff Daniels Added to AHL All-Star Classic Coaching Staffs - AHL
- IceCaps to Host Home Depot 'On the Bench' Hockey Clinic - St. John's IceCaps
- Phantoms Weekly - Thanks Brayden and Sean - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.