Timbers' 'Dribble Oregon' Tour Kicks off Saturday in Vancouver, Wash.January 3, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Portland Timbers
Dribble Oregon is a six-stop community tour, taking the club around Oregon and Southwest Washington to engage with area fans. The tour opens Saturday in Vancouver, Wash., and will also include visits to the cities of Astoria (Jan. 19), Eugene/Springfield (Jan. 13), Klamath Falls (Jan. 16), Medford (Jan. 12) and Pendleton (Jan. 6).
Timbers Homegrown Player Brent Richards, a native of Camas, Wash., and a standout at the University of Washington, and defender Ryan Kawulok will join mascot Timber Joey and the club's staff at each of the Dribble Oregon events in Vancouver. Use the following links for additional information on Richards or Kawulok .
Dribble Oregon: Vancouver Event Schedule
Youth Soccer Clinic: Clark County Indoor Sports Center
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: Clark County Indoor Sports Center, 16311 NE 15th St., Vancouver, Wash., 98684
Event Details: Led by the Timbers' youth/academy coaches, the club will conduct two free youth soccer clinics for children ages 5-13 at the Clark County Indoor Sports Center. The first clinic, for kids ages 5-8, runs from 9:30-10:30 a.m., and the second session, for kids 9-13, lasts from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; both clinics have reached capacity. Making a special appearance at the clinics are Timbers players Ryan Kawulok and Brent Richards, who along with Timber Joey will also sign autographs on site following the clinics.
Community Event: Tree Planting at Meadow Homes Neighborhood
Time: Event starts at 1:30 p.m.
Location: Meadow Homes Neighborhood, 2204 Wahclellah Ave., Vancouver, Wash., 98661
Event Details: Timbers players Ryan Kawulok and Brent Richards will join mascot Timber Joey, members of the Timbers Army and other volunteers in planting trees in the Meadow Homes Neighborhood with Timbers community pillar partner Friends of Trees. Together, the Timbers and Friends of Trees have planted hundreds of trees across the state of Oregon since 2011.
Major League Soccer Stories from January 3, 2013
- US Men's National Team Public Training & Chance to Meet Jurgen Klinsmann on January 28 - Houston Dynamo
- Rapids Sign Ecuadorian National Team Defender Diego Calder - Colorado Rapids
- Revs Add Defensive Depth In Goncalves - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Timbers' 'Dribble Oregon' Tour Kicks off Saturday in Vancouver, Wash. - Portland Timbers
- D.C. United Announces 2013 Preseason Schedule - D.C. United
- Three All-Americans and Jamaican National Team Player Sign Generation adidas Contracts - MLS
- Real Salt Lake Signs DF/MF Lovel Palmer - Real Salt Lake
- PwC US Donates $27,750 to Ronald McDonald House Houston for 37 Houston Dynamo Home Game Goals - Houston Dynamo
- Crew Signs Defender Tyson Wahl - Columbus Crew SC
- Revs Sign Portuguese Defender Jose Goncalves - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.