Five Hawks on Prospect Game RosterJanuary 2, 2013 - United States Hockey League (USHL) Waterloo Black Hawks
Forward Taylor Cammarata and defenseman Ian McCoshen will both participate in the event for the second time after appearing in the inaugural event as 16-year-olds last January. The duo will be joined by forward Justin Kloos and goaltenders Eamon McAdam and Cal Petersen. Cammarata, McCoshen, McAdam, and Petersen were all listed on NHL Central Scouting's preseason "Players to Watch" list. Kloos was among the eligible players listed by the service in its final rankings prior to last June's draft, but was not chosen at that time. After the Black Hawks' five participating prospects, five other USHL clubs will have four players apiece appearing during the Prospects Game.
"With opportunities like this, not only are our players rewarded with the chance to play in front of some important pro hockey decision-makers, they also have the chance to skate with some of the league's other top players and see how they prepare," said Black Hawks head coach P.K. O'Handley.
A roster of 40 players representing all 16 USHL clubs was announced Wednesday. The selection process was completed with input from USHL General Managers, NHL team scouts, and NHL Central Scouting. The specific teams for the event and announced at a later date.
Vince Hinostroza was among the Black Hawks who appeared in the 2012 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game. He was subsequently selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the sixth round last summer.
Waterloo takes the ice at Young Arena this weekend. Saturday the Hawks host the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders after visiting another Prairie Farms Cowbell Cup rival Friday evening with a trip to meet the Dubuque Fighting Saints. Both games begin at 7:05. Good seats still remain for the home contest in Party Town and can be ordered by calling the Black Hawks Box Office at (319) 291-7680 or online from waterlooblackhawks.com.
United States Hockey League Stories from January 2, 2013
- Phantoms Center Austin Cangelosi Named to Roster for USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Youngstown Phantoms
- Three Gamblers Selected to the USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Green Bay Gamblers
- U.S. National Under-17 Team Upends Slovakia, 7-2, at 2013 World Under-17 Challenge - U.S. National Team
- Four Saints Named to USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Four Storm Players Selected for USHL Prospects Game - Tri-City Storm
- Five Hawks on Prospect Game Roster - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Stampede's Lindgren Named to USHL/NHL Prospects Game - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Roster Selected for USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game - USHL
- Stampede Acquire Swedish Defenseman Bjorkung - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Joe Cox Wins USHL Co-Forward of the Week - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Omaha Lancers News & Notes - Week 15 - Omaha Lancers
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Novak Named CCM USHL Forward of the Week - Green Bay Gamblers
- U.S. National Jr. Team Advances to Semifinals with 7-0 Win over Czech Republic - U.S. National Team
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.