Cutthroats Fall to Rival Rush in 4-1 FinalDecember 28, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - Denver Cutthroats Press Release
Brad Smyth was held scoreless on the night, bringing his league-high point streak of 16 games to an end for Denver (17-11-2). The loss also ended the Cutthroats five-game winning streak over Rapid City (14-11-5).
Scott Brannon scored a pair of goals for the Rush and finished with three points on the night. Chris Greene was Denver's only goal-scorer for his second of the season at 1:03 of period two, just 30 seconds after Brannon opened up the scoring for Rapid City.
Jarrett Konkle also scored a power play goal for the Rush at 11:10 of the second and Brannon added another with 4:05 to play.
Jeff Lee padded Rapid City's lead midway through the third period.
Rapid City finished 1-for-5 on the power play while the Cutthroats were scoreless in their five chances.
Denver's AJ Gale and Troy Schwab each saw their five-game point streaks come to an end in the contest as well.
The four-game series between Denver and Rapid City now shifts to the Denver Coliseum on Saturday for a 7:05 PM MST puck drop. It will be the final home game for the Cutthroats until February 1 as the rodeo and stock show moves into the Denver Coliseum for the next month.
1. Scott Brannon (RPD)
2. Jeff Lee (RPD)
3. Danny Battochio (RPD)
Central Hockey League Stories from December 28, 2012
- Brahmas drop gritty game - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Booras Hat Trick Leads Blaze in Arizona - Bloomington Blaze
- Sundogs Lose to Blaze, 6-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Rush Rookies Lead the Way in 4-1 Victory over Cutthroats - Rapid City Rush
- Cutthroats Fall to Rival Rush in 4-1 Final - Denver Cutthroats
- Brahmas Drop Gritty Game to Americans - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Skid Finally Ends as Oilers Earn 5-3 Win over Mallards - Tulsa Oilers
- Mallards Rally But Come up Short in Tulsa - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Earn Point in OT Loss to Wichita, 5-4 - Missouri Mavericks
- Hanson Nets Game-Winner in OT over Missouri - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Waive Ofukany, Sign Weeks - Tulsa Oilers
- Americans Face Fort Worth Tonight at 7:30 - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Sign Defenseman Jared Lavender - Missouri Mavericks
- Shots from the Point for December 28, 2012 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.