IceHogs to Host Stan Mikita Night on SaturdayDecember 20, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Rockford IceHogs
The IceHogs face off against the Western Conference's top team in the Abbotsford Heat on Saturday at 7:05 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
Blackhawks Ambassador Stan Mikita will be honored before the game with the Heat. Before the contest and throughout the game, the Hall of Famer will meet with fans and sign autographs on the main concourse. A select number of wristbands will be dispersed at each entrance to the arena signifying which fans will receive an autograph. Only fans with a wristband will be allowed into the autograph line and the bands will be available on a first come, first serve basis. The doors to the arena will open at 6 p.m. To accommodate every fan with a wristband, each fan will be permitted one item to be autographed or a photo with the Hall of Famer.
For tickets to the game, call (815) 968-5222, go online through IceHogs.com or in person at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office or at any Ticketmaster outlet.
The first 1,500 fans into the building will receive a Stan Mikita mini stick courtesy of U.S. Cellular.
It's the last chance for fans to join the IceHogs and WXRX for a food and toy drive to benefit the Salvation Army and Toys for Tots. Fans are encouraged to bring in non-perishable food items and new toys to donate. All fans that make a contribution to either the food or toy drive at the game on Saturday will receive a $5 upper bowl ticket or a coupon for $5 off any regular priced ticket for select games.
The Hogs, along with WIFR and ESPN 1380, are also wrapping up their collection of gently used sports equipment to donate to the Stateline Boys and Girls Club. A bin has been setup at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office for fans to drop off their equipment and each person to donate will receive a special ticket offer (buy one ticket, get one free) for any IceHogs home game through the Jan. 11 game.
For more information on any upcoming promotions, call the IceHogs front office at (815) 847-6399 or visit www.IceHogs.com .
American Hockey League Stories from December 20, 2012
- Monsters Sneak out 4-3 Win over Houston Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Celebrate the End of the World with the Admirals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Dane Jackson and Rich Funke to be Inducted into Amerks Hall of Fame - Rochester Americans
- Ring in the New Year with the Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Recall Pat Nagle from Everblades - Syracuse Crunch
- IceHogs to Host Stan Mikita Night on Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- J.T. Miller Reassigned to USA National Junior Team - Connecticut Whale
- IceCaps vs. Bulldogs AHL Broadcast Live on Sportsnet Tomorrow - St. John's IceCaps
- Sound Tigers to Honor Sandy Hook Elementary School - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- McVie, Sweeney Named Honorary Captains for 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.