Kris Draper and Joe Kocur to Sign Autographs at December 29 Griffins GameDecember 19, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Grand Rapids Griffins Press Release
Boasting a combined seven Stanley Cup rings, Draper and Kocur will sign autographs from 5:45-7:15 p.m., serving as a prelude to the Griffins' 7 p.m. game versus the Toronto Marlies.
Draper, who was a part of the Red Wings' championship teams in 1997, 1998, 2002 and 2008, played all but 20 of his 1,157 NHL games with Detroit from 1993-2011 and recorded 364 points (161-203-364) over his 20-year career. Draper also captured the Frank J. Selke Trophy in 2004 and earned a gold medal with Canada at the World Cup that same year. He joined the Red Wings' hockey operations staff as special assistant to the general manager upon his retirement following the 2010-11 season.
Kocur, who hoisted the Cup in 1997 and 1998 with Detroit and in 1994 with the New York Rangers, was a member of the Red Wings from 1984-91 and 1996-99 and logged 162 points (80-82-162) in 820 games with Detroit, New York and Vancouver. Kocur also registered 2,519 penalty minutes in his 15-year career, which ranks 20th in NHL history. He has also stayed involved with Detroit after retiring in 2000, currently serving as the president of the Red Wings Alumni Association.
The contest versus Toronto is part of a season-high seven-game homestand for Grand Rapids, which kicks off tonight when the Griffins host the Rochester Americans at 7 p.m. Tickets are available at griffinshockey.com.
American Hockey League Stories from December 19, 2012
- Admirals Bitten by Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Nilstorp, Stars Shutout Rampage 2-0 - Texas Stars
- Rampage Blanked at Texas Stars, 2-0 - San Antonio Rampage
- Donovan, Cizikas Lead Sound Tigers Past Devils 4-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Dog-Gone Good Win - Adirondack Phantoms
- Hutton, Hogs Hold off Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Lake Erie Drops Toronto 4-3 in Overtime - Toronto Marlies
- Van Der Gulik Leads Monsters to Come-From-Behind Overtime Win - Lake Erie Monsters
- EGR's Glendening Steals Spotlight in Griffins Debut - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears Blank Admirals in Front of Record Crowd - Hershey Bears
- B-Sens Come Back to Beat Penguins, 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Griffins Double up Amerks, 4-2 - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Shut out by Bears in Hershey - Norfolk Admirals
- Senators Shock Penguins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Pirates' Late Goals Sink Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- IceCaps Fall to Phantoms - St. John's IceCaps
- Devils Drop First Game of Road Swing - Albany Devils
- Kris Draper and Joe Kocur to Sign Autographs at December 29 Griffins Game - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Going Back To The '90's With Cleveland Lumberjacks Night - Lake Erie Monsters
- Blashill and Chelios Ring Their Competition's Bells - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Holiday Hat Trick Packs Still Available for a Limited Time - Rochester Americans
- Heat Fall to Wolves 1-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Andrew Johnston Joins Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sound Tigers Sign Campbell to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Climie Backstops Wolves to 1-0 Win over Heat - Chicago Wolves
- Houston Aeros Assign Josh Caron to Orlando - Houston Aeros
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield At Portland, Game #26 - Springfield Falcons
- Celebrate the Holidays with the Amerks on "Festive Sweater Night" this Friday - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Continuing to Build Momentum - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.