Condors Acquire Koger from South CarolinaDecember 17, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Bakersfield Condors
Koger, 23, is in his third professional season in North America, but made is pro debut at the age of 17 in the Erste Bank Liga, the top league in Austria. In 21 games with South Carolina this season, Koger has 5g-5a-10pts. Last season he played with the Stingrays and the Cincinnati Cyclones in the ECHL, combining for 11g-21a-32pts in 35 games, to go with 39 pen alty minutes and a +13. He also played 17 games in the American Hockey League on loan with four different clubs, posting a pair of assists.
The 6-foot-4, 200-pound native of Szekesfehervar, Hungary, missed time earlier this season to return to his homeland and participate in an Olympic Qualifying tournament. Koger has represented his native Hungary eight times in international play, and is the only Hungarian competing in North America professionally.
"Daniel is very skilled. He's a big guy that can skate and shoot and he has all the tools. He's a dynamic player and he can put the puck in the back of the net," said Head Coach Matt O'Dette. "Sometimes when you're not winning you have to shuffle the deck. Fresh faces often provide energy and help everyone elevate their game. Robby is a good guy and a good player and we wish him the best. I know he'll do well in South Carolina."
Dee had 3g-3a-6pts in 19 games with Bakersfield this season, and is coming off a season that saw him lead the team with 24 goals in 2011-12.
Road trip to the Rocky Mountain State
The Condors head out to Colorado for three games this week, on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. All three games begin at 6:05 p.m. local time. Tune in to all the action on Fox Sports Radio 970 AM, www.foxsports970am.com or on America One. "Condors Countdown" hosted by Ryan Holt starts at 11:45 p.m.
Boomtown Bako, Voodoo Doll Giveaway and Jake Varner Night during post-Christmas home stand
The Condors host three games after the holiday break, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Dec. 27, 28 and 29. Thursday is Boomtown Bakersfield Night, and everyone will take home a million dollars. On Friday, the first 2,000 fans 5 and older will get a Condors Opponent Voodoo Doll to exact your will on our opposition, sponsored by My 45 and 97.3 JACK FM.
Saturday, Dec. 29 is Jake Varner Night, sponsored by 92.1 Max FM, American Business Machines and TERRIO Physical Therapy. The team will wear special Jake Varner jerseys for a Jersey Off Our Backs Raffle and Auction, and will give five of the jerseys away for free.
Holiday 4-Packs Make Great Stocking Stuffers - and get a free SNUGGIE!!
Holiday 4-packs are on sale now and a perfect gift for the person in your life who likes to have fun. Plus, get two Holiday 4-packs and get a free Condors Snuggie! Check out the plan to fit your needs by calling 324-PUCK (7825).
ECHL Stories from December 17, 2012
- Radio Recon Might Need Rosetta Stone for this One - Reading Royals
- Grizzlies Host Idaho Wednesday, Las Vegas Friday - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors Players Support Children's Miracle Network & Kushneriuk Jersey Up for Auction - Bakersfield Condors
- Condors Acquire Koger from South Carolina - Bakersfield Condors
- Four Back to the AHL - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - December 17 - ECHL
- Weekly Warrior - Greenville Road Warriors
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder At San Francisco Bulls - Stockton Thunder
- Condors Weekly: Road Trip to Colorado on Deck - Bakersfield Condors
- Expansion Team Update & Junior Hockey Controversy on Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Road Warriors Announce Time Change on February 18, 2013 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Road Warriors close gap in division, conference - ECHL
- Stingrays Receive Forward Robby Dee from Bakersfield - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Schneider Heads to Wolves - Kalamazoo Wings
- Elmira Jackals Weekly - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Bulls Take on Thunder at HP Pavilion at San Jose - San Francisco Bulls
- Komets Snag Five Points in Week 10 - Fort Wayne Komets
- Labrie Reassigned to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Sides Reassigned to Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Open Four-Game Road Trip this Week - South Carolina Stingrays
- Evansville IceMen Weekly - Evansville IceMen
- ECHL Today - December 17 - ECHL
- Condors Sleep Through Wranglers' 5-1 Midnight Win - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Condors Fall in Midnight Game - Bakersfield Condors
- IceMen Weekly Notes - Evansville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.